Disc Brake Actuator

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement full brake actuator for a 2006 Z-21 trailer? I can find the kits to replace master cylinder but I’d like to replace the whole thing because of some wear. I haven’t tried Ranger yet just haven’t had time to sit on hold forever and figured I might get it cheaper somewhere else or is it a Ranger only part. I’m looking for the Model 70LP low profile 2” hitch.

2. Member
    Try Waymire.

John

3. Member
    I’ll look them up. Thanks

4. Moderator
    I replaced mine on my 12' and called ranger and ordered it through them. I was on hold for 30 seconds. This was about a month ago.

5. Member
    Quick question ... have you positively identified yours as a TieTown 70LP or are you just going off the manufacturer sticker on the tongue ...... like the one that 'was' on mine too? The reason I ask is b/c mine turned out to be an 80LP ..... Ranger stuck the wrong decal on the trailer tongue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

6. Member
    Get with Ranger on your serial # and you would be surprised how competitive the price is. Replaced mine last year, swing tongue,new safety cable and new wire harness to vehicle.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler1 View Post
    Get with Ranger on your serial # and you would be surprised how competitive the price is. Replaced mine last year, swing tongue,new safety cable and new wire harness to vehicle.
    I tried this route with Ranger this Spring. They couldn't tell me which actuator mine was by the serial number of the boat nor trailer. But ironically they could tell me that mine was obsolete and I'd have to upgrade to a new swing tongue, actuator, etc. at a tune of $550. I then started Googling what I had, figured out I had a 80LP instead of the stickers 70LP, confirmed my suspicions with Dexter, and bought a rebuild kit for $185 off TrailerPartsDepot.

Maybe you'll have better luck and YMMV.

-391v

8. Member
    How did y’all figure out you had the 80LP and not the 70LP? What is the difference to look for?

9. Member
    Hey 'Mbevins'! I just replied to your PM. Hope it helps. If you can post up a few pictures of your trailer tongue, I/we can probably verify which one you have. Again, the way both version's 'anchor' the reservoir/body to the trailer tongue housing is the easiest give away to which version you have.

Hope it helps.
    -391v

10. Member
    Got it. My trailer has the 4 screws on top that hold the master cylinder so 70LP. Thanks for the info Ranger391v