Tempest Plus Propeller 21"

Need some input on Tempest Props. I purchased a used but like new Tempest Plus 21". The prop has no dings or dents and actually looks brand new. The seller said was only used once.I have never used a prop this large on my bass boat, 1993 Skeeter SX200 175hp EFI. Nevertheless, I installed the prop using a new and proper hub kit but the prop seems to vibrate somewhat at idle speed in gear. I'm wondering if the vibration could be due to the fact of the large diameter of the prop 14.6". The prop that was previously on the boat was a High-5 26" and had no noticeable vibrations at idle speed in gear. Does anyone have any input on this that may have experience with the Tempest Plus? Thanks

2. Member
    You might check to make sure the thrust washer is installed correctly. Just guessing here
    Dave
    2021 Triton 18TRX, Mercury 200 ProXS-4s
    Lowrance Elite FS, w/ Active Target
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA SI G4N
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA DI G4N

It could be exhaust rumble. Are all 3 PVS plugs the same size vents? I have had 3 blades do this until you mash the gas and all of the exhaust mixes in the prop evenly.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    Mine has that when it is trimmed down against the stops. Try raising off the stops a little.

I would call it normal for a 3 blade to do that more than a 4 and especially more than a 5. You could spin the prop on the trailer and look for something out of wack and or pull the hub out and spin it 90* either way or 180* and see if it's smoother. But 3 blades have more vibration than 4/5 blades

6. Member
    Some hubs will create the situation you describe.

I had a motor that would do that at idle speed about 600 rpms but would disappear at 1200 rpms and above. Aggravating but no harm as far as I could tell.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support