Thread: Genesis Live

Genesis Live

Any tricks to getting it to work on HDS 12 Live. Can't seem to get it working
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

2. Member
    Have you got a C-Map genesis loaded on your SD-Card?

3. Member
    For Genesis Live to work, you need:
    1. A memorycard in the unit so the unit has somewhere to save the files. This memorycard must be maximum 32GB and formated to FAT32. Just about any memorycard that fits the description will do, but it can NOT be from Navionics.
    2. A source for depth from a 2D-transducer. That transducer can be any type of 2D-transducer, including Active Imaging 3 in 1, TotalScan, HDI, HST-WSBL etc and it does not have to be connected to the unit as long as the unit with the transducer is networked with ethernet (the yellow connectors at the back of your HDS) to a unit with such a transducer.
    3. You have to set correct source for depth from the transducer mentioned in 2. on the unit you wish to use for Genesis Live. Typically by going Pages-Settings-Network-Sources and set "This unit channel 2" if you have an Active Imaging 3 in 1 connected to the unit you will be using for Genesis Live.

4. Member
    The not so intuitive part is #3 that Team Colibri mentions, that needs to be verified as even if you’re seeing a 2d sonar return on the screen, that doesn’t mean Genesis Live is looking at the correct channel. Bet that’s the issue here, I had the same issue initially as have others I know.

It is showing CH 2 and it’s recording to card. It doesn’t fill in chart
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

6. Member
    Do you have map overlay set to Genesis Live?

Quote Originally Posted by til View Post
    Do you have map overlay set to Genesis Live?
    Yes

8. Member
    Time to save waypoints (not settings on this one) and do a hard reset.