Banned

Ranger Cherokee Leak

Boat has a leak somewhere ,can't find it. Leaky in ,but no leaky out. Did the fill the boat with water, checked hoses, etc. Making me crazy.

Have you removed any screws lately ? Check under the step to see if everything is in place. I had to put the boat in the water and remove the access panel in the splash well to find one that I had.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Banned
    The only screws that i touched (tightened ) were the screws on the bilge/ aerator hoses. Trying to figure out that photo.

4. Banned
    "step" ? Please give more details regarding that step . Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marky1 View Post
    "step" ? Please give more details regarding that step . Thanks
    I had mounted my 3-1 Transducer under the step screwed directly to the step, not on a mounting bracket. When my mechanic put on my new Jack Plate he removed the wire guide that was also screwed to the step. He then forgot to re-install and seal it. So the water was coming in that #8 screw hole on the step and running down into the bilge. The only way to find it was to put the boat in the water and remove the cover plate in the splash well. That pick shows the water running down into the bilge off the step above.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

6. Banned
    Will have to investigate more. Would like get it into a heated building for the winter , take some of if apart, fix leak(s) ,redo carpet , etc.

7. Banned
    Finally figured it out ,... Water is getting in from bilge pump outlet hole on starboard side of hull. Is there any kind stopper or scupper to prevent water from getting in ? Gets in when boat is going at a good speed . Does not get in when on trolling motor . Any ideas ?

8. Banned
    Still trying to figure this out, was wondering if it is leaking along the "keel " section of boat . Did the water thing (put some in ,wait for drips. Nothing drips out. Put plugs in ALL of drains in transom except the livewell inlet. Still getting water .

9. Member
    Probably rubrail.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

10. Banned
    Really ? Let me ask ,How did you figure that out? The rub rails look pretty water tight .Or do you mean the metal section on the keel/bottom ?

11. Member
    From personal experience. Spray while on plane can get under rubrail…..check for sealant/caulk under rubrail from cockpit to stern. Any failed/missing sealant is a potential source of leak. Good luck.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

12. Banned
    Will look check it out ,... Thanks

13. Member
    Do yourself a favor and check the hose connections to the aerator pumps. Put the boat in the water and feel around the hose inlet connection. I had two different Ranger boats develop leaks at the connection. Basically, they overtightened the hose clamps and crushed the plastic nozzle. It held together and pumps worked but it developed a leak which got worse over time. It's like they used an air impact wrench to tighten the hose clamp screws! I ended up having to replace the pumps.
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

14. Banned
    Will try that , next week when boat is in the water. Did check the hose(s) last season ,found one connection on one aerator was somewhat broken ,had enough to reconnect the hose back on. Thanks for the info.