Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jordan & Sharon Harris

So i have not seen ANY post about a bite on either lake. I have to ask as this is my 2nd fall living here. Is that something common around here with people keeping it a hush if there is a bite?

I can say there is a really good crappie bite at Jordan. We’ve been having a great trips up Beaver when Mike and I go. I don’t mind speaking on how we did.

We are bass fishing next trip to try our luck. I’m just used to people letting everyone know how the bite is where I’m from.

Hell we can all get online at 4pm our time on Wednesday afternoons and type in The Jock 96.9 and click on Don Berrys Fishing Radio show listen live. It’s on every week and they talk about what they are biting on, how much won on what lakes and they talk about the baits to be throwing. Then at the bottom of the hour they usually have a pro on the phone picking his brain. Pretty cool little show and I’m sorry there isn’t a show like that around here. Yes this is a a SWMO show but if anyone is going to fish table Rock or lake of the Ozarks this is a good show to listen to.

2. Banned
    I have fished neither myself in a few months that I know of. I did fish Falls Lake today and caught about a dozen and 6 were keepers. Caught them on TW, Sq bill CB, c-rig, T-rig, pop-r and a pure poison. “Junk” fishing at it’s finest. Water is stained everywhere I went from New Light to Horse creek. Boat traffic was light. Only 5 boat trailers in the parking lot when I took out at 4pm. Found a fairly new SK KVD Red Eye Shad bait hanging in a tree and got that. Did not Fallon or break anything so I call that a good day.

3. Member
    Glad you had a good day and got yourself a new bait. That’s a win in my book.

4. Member
    Eddie,
    Visited Jordan on Tuesday out of Robeson.
    Fished creek-nothing
    Fished points heading towards dam-nothing
    Fished a hump or two-nothing
    Fished mouth of Stinking Creek-nothing.
    Not sure why I fish…
    Hope this helps

5. Member
    LoL makes me only say May god bless you with a nice strong bite next time out.

But it also reminds me of my trips most of the times I go out. Seems we both got the same problem!

6. Member
    Makes it hard to even try to set up a pattern. When u catch a few, here and there. At different depths. Using different techniques. I'd love to see MLF hit either one of those lakes rite now.

7. Member
    So I could watch. But do y'all think it's fishing pressure???? That's happening

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey N.C. View Post
    So I could watch. But do y'all think it's fishing pressure???? That's happening
    No question pressure is involved.
    80% of fish, if not higher, are caught in 20% of the water.
    Do the math.

Not to mention, there are seriously high quality fishermen in this area.
    But despite that, there are still big bags of fish being caught.
    Just not by me.

9. Member
    Last weekend there was a good early morning topwater bite around the edge of grass at Jordan. Afternoon slowed down but were able to still find a few bites around laydows. Water is low and many of the normal laydowns are out of the water so a lot of the time is spent fishing behind others.
    Last edited by Fishahaulic; 09-16-2021 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Include lake Name
    USAF Retired 1981-2004
    Police Detective Retired 2004-2022

Things can get quiet this time of year all the end of the year championships are coming up.
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!

11. Member
    That does make since.

I was at Harris last Friday, landed 6, one on a shakey head with a 10" worm, the other 5 on a wacky rig and senko. All of them were below the slot. I caught them all in about 3' of water near timber. All from about 0645 to about 0800...then nothing. Water temps were still about 80+ degrees.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bairn View Post
    Eddie,
    Visited Jordan on Tuesday out of Robeson.
    Fished creek-nothing
    Fished points heading towards dam-nothing
    Fished a hump or two-nothing
    Fished mouth of Stinking Creek-nothing.
    Not sure why I fish…
    Hope this helps
    the very reason I refrain from buying a new boat , this fishing thing can be a hoax at times , all day trip 100$ in cost , catch 1, 12 inch fish all day , got a boat and $10K in equipment , it is starting to not be so fun anymore
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

14. Member
    ��

15. Member
    any of yall like to fish offshore at jordan? tough when the tcline is at 15'

Hit SH on Friday. Water temps were finally moving down closer to 70. Average about 72 in most places I fished. Caught 10, probably missed/lost that many. Most under the slot, I think 2 or 3 in the slot. Got the majority on Rat L Trap.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

17. Member
    Probably won’t hear too much in regards to good reports on here. I never have other than pm. Someone might be scared that you catch a fish or two! Lost a lot of respect for many locals, not for them not sharing info but more so for their egos and how they deal with it. I get they may have been burnt helping some out but I don’t see them in the elites either. At the same time if you have a good day you will have messages from everyone if you share it on social from the same ones!

18. Member
    That is something down here that I see. Not to many people offer any help at all. Other than Chippo around here very few others will offer any help. Actually Ben Huffman has offered to help me and I’m going to take him up on that. Hell I live 30 seconds away from who I hear is the best jig fisherman there is on Jordan and Sharon Harris. Maybe I should pray for his help but I do like trying to figure the lakes out on my own but it’s coming hard for me. I know it takes time on The water but working and being new here stops that from happening.

19. Member
    I also will never stop trying. That would make me a quitter. I don’t quit at anything. So I’ll continue to give it my best shot Everytime I go out. I wish you all luck and safe travels to all.

20. Mike Lamb
    @Eddie

This time of the year is little off. I was out on SH couple weeks ago. I was practicing for club tournament. I was out just to check where the bait and bass was. We did catch a few here and there. It is hard to get good info at times on public form. Really the best way to help and find fish. Is have a few people you can share information with. Everyone has someone like that. Another way is join a club and get in with a good group of guys and then after the tournament find what worked or what didnt. Some clubs dont share information very well. But most are there to help grow the knowledge.

Now when I started fishing in this area. I was in club that fished SH all the time. I was lost. I watched where people went and what time of the year. we had 3 guys that was very good on SH. I didnt follow them but seen what they was doing. Then on my practice days I went and checked it out. Learned a ton. I still hate SH. Now with out grass it sucks even more, LOL.

If you have questions you can hit me up. I will share what I know at the time.
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast