Baystar steering

Hello All
    i know this is probably not the place for this so please delete if not allowed. On my steering on the motor side I need the bleeder T fitting dust caps. Does anyone know where I might find these? Or is there anything else that would work?
    Thanks for any help.
    Michael

I do not know if this is a new-to-you boat but the Baystar hydraulic steering is not rated for you 188FS. While the Baystar is rated for up to 150Hp, there is a footnote that is only for Deep V boats.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    I do not know if this is a new-to-you boat but the Baystar hydraulic steering is not rated for you 188FS. While the Baystar is rated for up to 150Hp, there is a footnote that is only for Deep V boats.
    It’s a fish and ski boat.

4. Member
    contact manufacturer
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Quote Originally Posted by mperry View Post
    It’s a fish and ski boat.
    FS boats still run with higher propshaft heights that create the higher steering torque. The Baystar with a 150 is supposed to look like this…
    275304CB-413B-43FD-8D52-F62FF3B58179.jpeg
    Slower speeds, less steering torque.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal

6. Member
    I've had a Baystar system on my boat since day one and with zero issues. Would I prefer it to have been SeaStar, yeah, but I didn't know squat about any of this when I bought my boat. I have never felt unsafe with it. My sig pic shows our boat at a 30mph economy cruise, it tops out at 45mph, and I can steer with two fingers.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    I've had a Baystar system on my boat since day one and with zero issues. Would I prefer it to have been SeaStar, yeah, but I didn't know squat about any of this when I bought my boat. I have never felt unsafe with it. My sig pic shows our boat at a 30mph economy cruise, it tops out at 45mph, and I can steer with two fingers.

Your Hewescraft is a Deep V boat and is the proper use of Baystar. Of course it should work well.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal