Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Nice that you got yours, Jason. Still waiting on mine....

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. mikesxpress
    The new "screw" comes with blue thread sealant? Humm?

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Well... some "blue pasty stuff" anyway. I don't rely on "pre-applied" thread-lock pastes (personally).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Well... some "blue pasty stuff" anyway. I don't rely on "pre-applied" thread-lock pastes (personally).
    Nope!

5. mikesxpress
    Don as the revised screw is now being shipped with this blue thread sealant, Mercury must have a revised installation procedure/torque? Still no TSB?

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Torque is correct as of today. I check for
    new service bulletins each week day. No related SB as of today.

7. Member
    FYI boats.net had 4 or 5 of these in stock yesterday...I bought two and they shipped this morning.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yeah- ours came in as well. Haven't sold one (yet).

9. Member
    So my 2022 motor that is coming on my boat here in a few weeks will have the new part or old part or don’t know?

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    It should be the new part... they've been using them in production for a while now.

To reiterate: Avoid tampering with this bolt unless it is absolutely necessary.

11. Member
    10-4 when coming for my 20hr service I’m sure you’ll check it.

12. Member
    Model # 13000022A
    SN- 2B688329
    Don, is this threaded trim bolt replacement and installation covered by warranty? I checked mine today and it is missing. My motor has 87hrs. I have the mercury platinum plan. Thanks!
    Jimmy Perry
    2020 Ranger z521L
    Pro XS 300

Quote Originally Posted by old ball coach View Post
    Model # 13000022A
    SN- 2B688329
    Don, is this threaded trim bolt replacement and installation covered by warranty? I checked mine today and it is missing. My motor has 87hrs. I have the mercury platinum plan. Thanks!
    Missing?

14. Member
    Yep. Probably backed out and fell off.
    Jimmy Perry
    2020 Ranger z521L
    Pro XS 300

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by old ball coach View Post
    Model # 13000022A
    SN- 2B688329
    Jim- this should be covered under your Factory Warranty. Perhaps related to it being removed about 15 months ago..?

16. Member
    Is there any way of finding out when the improved screw was introduced into production/assembly? Haven't heard of any issues in our part of the country.

SN# 3B101478

17. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Unfortunately, that information has not been released. Simply a running change.

Heard of two more bolts falling out last weekend. When is Mercury going to tell owners to check same bolt?

19. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    Heard of two more bolts falling out last weekend. When is Mercury going to tell owners to check same bolt?
    These two "heard of's" need to get their boats into a Mercury Authorized Dealer for inspection. Verifying such an occurrence, with the applicable serial number is the only way that much will (or can) be done.

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    These two "heard of's" need to get their boats into a Mercury Authorized Dealer for inspection. Verifying such an occurrence, with the applicable serial number is the only way that much will (or can) be done.
    That has been done. And, they found it is Very difficult finding replacement bolts. If you like, I'll ask them to join BBC and post their names, serial number of said motors.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast