Thread: COVID!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    I think it is a bit disrespectful to debate AGAIN the vaccine question when the OP was expressing grief over the loss of a friend.
    It's incredibly ignorant and disrespectful and I've cleaned up this thread 3 times and one member is permanently banned.

Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers - you have the right to believe whatever you want to but you will NOT bring it to BBC again! We've had this crap for many months and we're NOT going to have it here again.
    Post anything anti-vaccine or anti-mask or any of the conspiracy crap again on here and you WILL be banned for at least 7 days!

There are 100's of websites where you're free to post this crap, BBC is no longer going to be one of them. I've had it with the bullshit!!!

Sorry for your loss

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    It's incredibly ignorant and disrespectful and I've cleaned up this thread 3 times and one member is permanently banned.

Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers - you have the right to believe whatever you want to but you will NOT bring it to BBC again! We've had this crap for many months and we're NOT going to have it here again.
    Post anything anti-vaccine or anti-mask or any of the conspiracy crap again on here and you WILL be banned for at least 7 days!

There are 100's of websites where you're free to post this crap, BBC is no longer going to be one of them. I've had it with the bullshit!!!
    That's what i do visit other sites that allow Freedom of Speech not just allow only one side to voice there opinion.

6. Member
    Sorry for your loss, losing someone close to you is not easy. Try and think of the good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post

There are many reasons for some not to get vaccinated. It's not a one size fits all. With that said, I got my first jab today.

Sorry for your loss OP!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    We have lost some younger folks to it lately. We just lost 2 great guys and anglers here and it sucks to be honest. Both fell ill at same time. Both way too young with so much life ahead of them. Know a bunch of younger folks admitted to the hospital too.
    If we're talking about Skeeter Fowler & Donnie O'Neal from the NPFL, didn't they both room together and get sick during the Lacross, WI derby? I heard they did. Really tragic
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bcmyers View Post
    There are many reasons for some not to get vaccinated. It's not a one size fits all. With that said, I got my first jab today.
    Thank you for getting your vaccination!! Bravo.

11. Member
    To the OP - condolences to you and all of your friends family. Tough times.

This delta variant seems to be affecting more young people than the original, we have had several in their 20’s pass here this last couple of weeks and the under 50’s and under 40’s are now well represented in intensive case units in Sydney and Melbourne.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bada$$Bullet View Post
    I just spent 12 days in the hospital battling Covid pneumonia. 40 yrs old, 5'8", 170lbs.....I eat well, exercise and receive quarterly check-ups by our family doctor. Catching the flu back in 8th grade is about the extent of my medical history.

I will say this and hopefully it helps someone:

Remdesivir did nothing for me. Decadron did nothing for me. Zithromax did nothing for me.

Levaquin was the antibiotic that turned me around on day 9.

This was the scariest experience of my life.
    So happy to hear you recovered man.

13. Member
    My condolences to the OP and all others who have lost a loved one or friend to Covid.

I received my 3rd. Phizer vaccine shot on August 26th and hope that will avoid this dreaded virus.

My underlying conditions put me at extreme risk if I contract Covid.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

14. Member
    Condolences. And good heart felt advice.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

Here’s an example of vax vs unvaxed. My wife got Covid 13 days ago. She ended up in the ER on deaths bed. She made a great recovery and is back doing good. About 70% now. I was vaccinated and had like a bad cold. She is a very strong healthy individual too. I’m sold on the vaccine as far as keeping you alive and out of the hospital.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    Here’s an example of vax vs unvaxed. My wife got Covid 13 days ago. She ended up in the ER on deaths bed. She made a great recovery and is back doing good. About 70% now. I was vaccinated and had like a bad cold. She is a very strong healthy individual too. I’m sold on the vaccine as far as keeping you alive and out of the hospital.
    I made an analogy in another thread about a month ago that the vaccine is like a seat belt. It doesn’t mean you won’t get in a wreck but it greatly increases your chance of surviving and not sustaining serious injuries. That being said there will always be those who think they would rather be thrown clear even though the odds of that happening are much less.

Sorry for the loss of your friend, Brent.
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Sorry for your loss Brent. I lost a friend a few weeks ago. Was 42 years old. Was doing ok, and died the next, never even made it to a hospital. Sad!!

19. Member
    First sorry for your loss.

I'm protected one way or the other. I survived Covid in January. So I have some antibodies. I followed that up by being fully vaccinated.

While I know tons of people who had covid I know of no one that has died or even been in the hospital. I guess I'm just lucky.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    A fellow employee, probably in his 40s in good health, and not over weight, that I fished some draw tourneys with has Covid and double pneumonia. He's been in the hospital a while. I'm sure a few are out there, but I don't know anyone personally that was in good health, got the shot, and was hospitalized in serious condition with Covid. I'd rather get a shot than go through the fear of dying in the hospital, and having several thousand dollars of hospital bills coming your way, if you survive to come home to your family.

On another note, I find it ironic that someone adamantly against getting a vaccine that empowers your own body to manufacture antibodies elects to have synthetic antibodies injected into you.
    Just be complacent that’s it’s not for you to understand.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast