Thread: COVID!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

COVID!

I just got the news that I had been dreading for weeks - a great friend and client of almost 20 years lost his battle to COVID. He had been in the hospital since Aug. 9th. Regardless of your politics and doubtfulness of the efficacy of the vaccine(s), it doesn't take a very smart person to realize that if you're over 55 your odds of survival increase exponentially if you've been vaccinated.

Godspeed Neal!

-b-

2. Member
    We have lost two younger (40's) friends in the last few weeks. This variant is crazy strong. Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

4. Member
    Sorry for your loss, and you are correct.

Sorry for your loss. I agree about the vaccine, hopefully at some point self-preservation will kick in for more people.

6. Member
    Sad to hear....My cousin's husband passed this morning also.......54 years old.

7. Member
    I'm sorry to hear stories like this. People are dying needlessly because of uncertainty fueled mainly by politicians for their own purposes.

8. Member
    I have heard of 5 people passing within the last 2 weeks that were part of the fishing community. Not too hard to know which way that group leans and it is costing some their lives. But at the same time, it was their choice to take that risk.

We have lost some younger folks to it lately. We just lost 2 great guys and anglers here and it sucks to be honest. Both fell ill at same time. Both way too young with so much life ahead of them. Know a bunch of younger folks admitted to the hospital too.

First of all, SORRY for your loss. COVID sucks. We have all lost people by this time in the pandemic and it is never easy.

Whether you are vaccinated or not, if you get COVID get the Monoclonal Antibody Infusion. It has been used for many other viruses for the past 30 years. The side effects are virtually nil. It works well. In the case of my local hospital, they told me every patient has recovered nicely. There are some restrictions though. You have to be within 10 days of your initial symptoms and you cannot have been vaccinated in the previous 30 days. Then there are the eligibility guidelines. Age, BP, BMI, prior or current smoker, and a laundry list of medical conditions. You only need to meet one of the guidlines. In some cases, your doctor can push it if he/she thinks you need it.
    Last edited by 06 SB; 09-14-2021 at 09:38 AM.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

I lost a friend to Covid last week that I had gone from grade school through high school with. He refused to be vaccinated.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

12. Member
    I'm very sorry for your loss. I have a friend Ronald in a hard fight with covid I pray for everyday.

I'm 59. Been in the hospital with Covid Pneumonia in both lungs since 8/28. May get to go home today, tomorrow for sure. Only reason I'm here or didn't have to be on a ventilator they told me was because of being vaccinated. Please make the life choice, not a political one. Please get vaccinated.
    Last edited by SteveDyer; 09-14-2021 at 11:41 AM.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDyer View Post
    I'm 59. Been in the hospital with Covid Pnumonia in both lungs since 8/28. May get to go home today, tomorrow for sure. Only reason I'm here or didn't have to be on a ventilator they told me was because of being vaccinated. Please make the life choice, not a political one.get vaccinated
    Dang that sucks. Glad you are getting to go home soon.

14. Member
    Wife and I are getting over Covid ---No fun for sure . Been little over a month and Taste still jacked up but seem to be getting over the Covid Fog finally ! I am 64 she is 59
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Deleted some posts from Bassfisher444 and replies to his posts.

16. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    Deleted some posts from Bassfisher444 and replies to his posts.
    Thank you. I didn’t read those posts, but I can imagine what was said. And anything but sympathy and condolences is inappropriate in this thread. To the OP, I feel your loss. Illness and death respect no one.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

17. Moderator
    I know a stubborn BBC member who refuses it. Hope he swallows his ego and gets vaccinated. It can be the difference!!!!!

to the OP, I'm sorry for your loss. This stuff can be bad and is taking too many people. Praying for you...

I'm not trying to be contrary to what a lot of you believe and have experienced. I'm 63 and the wife is 61. Also have a son that's 37 and identical twins that are 33. When the vaccine came out, the wife got the Phizer vaccine. She did both doses. She is a nurse, so she figured she'd be around a lot of covid exposures. Well, back in April this year, my son and I contracted covid and survived. The wife didn't get it. Fast forward to last week, the wife contracted covid and is still recovering. Myself and my son didn't get it. I'm just guessing our natural immunity protected both of us. I was required to get the pcr test by my employer and I was negative. Only reason I'm sharing this with you guys is to show that it can go either way. Sorry for all of your loses whether it was covid or not.

Thoughts and prayers for the family sir...

20. Member
    OP sorry for the loss of your friend.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast