Gaston advice for HS tournament

Kids have a tournament on Sat 25th of Sept. We will not be able to get down until late Friday (evening before tournament.
    Not looking for spots, just general idea of movement, water temp, clarity, etc.

Last time we were down temps were cooling slightly but looks like it will be warm again this week. But figure they are starting to feed.

Anyways, would like for the boys to catch some fish. With baseball and now working summer jobs ( both turned 16 ) they have not fished much (if at all ) this summer. I haven't had much time out myself. Hopefully i can at least get them a limit.
    Semper Fi

2. Member
    If Spotted Bass are allowed, I would fish off rocky points with small swimbaits and tubes. Otherwise, docks and the edge of grass beds near deep water with worms.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennyg View Post
    If Spotted Bass are allowed, I would fish off rocky points with small swimbaits and tubes. Otherwise, docks and the edge of grass beds near deep water with worms.
    Agree 100%

Don't forget frog in the grass. Also depending what ramp you are going out of and how far you want to run but going way up the river will pay dividends.

One more thing... if they are pulling water first thing fish holly Grove Bridge with a 3xd and drop shot.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

4. Member
    Going out of Holly Grove. I have not had much luck up river. Although i have only tried it a few times.

Oh and was just informed we need 2 more boat captains for this tournament. So if you or anyone you know could help let me know and i will get you in touch with them.

Thanks
    Semper Fi

5. Member
    Is there a schedule for when they run water at Gaston? Only thing i see online is past not future. Did i miss it?
    Semper Fi

6. Member
    Roger please pass along my well wishes to Ryan and his partner. Hope they get a solid limit!!
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator 2013 Yamaha 150hp HPDI Vmax

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin273Stratos View Post
    Roger please pass along my well wishes to Ryan and his partner. Hope they get a solid limit!!
    Yes sir, I will do that. And thank you again. Hope the relaxing FL life is doing you well.
    Semper Fi

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    Is there a schedule for when they run water at Gaston? Only thing i see online is past not future. Did i miss it?
    You have to call 252-535-6883. This for the Gaston dam. Then 434-738-6371 for the Kerr dam. You have to call every day.

Also when is the tx?
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

9. Member
    Saturday Sept 25 out of Holly Grove
    Semper Fi