Fuji Components Shortage?

Just got two more blanks in from NFC and they are absolutely perfect! My issue is trying to find the same guides and tip tops that I used on my previous builds. Fuji "K" guides are depleted everywhere. Is this just temporary? I've tried searching everywhere online and cannot seem to find what I prefer.

2. Member
    Just get Kigans from Hydra. IMO you can't tell the difference from Alconite Fuji K's and Kigan Z's.

3. Member
    I am glad someone else is experiencing my difficulty finding Fuji "k" guides. I'm pretty confident it is just a temporary shortage like everything else in this covid world. I believe all the distributors are awaiting a FJUI restock shipment from what they have told me, but no date when to expect it.

4. Member
    Check get bit.. when I was buying components for my current build mudhole was out of most everything in the K series but get bit had them in stock
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

5. Member
    Mike is dead on about the Kegans... good stuff

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Check get bit.. when I was buying components for my current build mudhole was out of most everything in the K series but get bit had them in stock
    I can say Get Bit is out of BC Grey size 4 kt if you are needing those. I wish they would do a better job about updating what is in stock on their website.

I have used the rod room recently but seems every time I order something is out of stock and have to change my order. I know they are out of size 4 kt is BC Grey Alconite, CC Silver Alconite, and Titanium Torzite

I was looking for black which is no longer being offered by Fuji. Had to settle for bc grey. Had to adjust my guide train a little to place an order today. I think the components that I ordered will function just fine. Size 5 is the smallest that Mudhole has. The guy at Mudhole says that there are containers sitting at port on the west coast with product they are expecting sometime soon. Maybe some of the shipment will be guides.

8. Member
    Yeah GetBit is terrible when it comes to updating their website, have had issues with ordering and then getting an order with half of it on backorder. Would be nice to know before hand.

9. Member
    Get Bit is a little guy out there, he can play with the website, or get stuff out the door, you choose. I can't believe people are acting like there isn't a pandemic out there. What is all the medical equipment built from? All the packaging and supplies? Those chemicals and materials just may have higher priority uses right now. Workforce problems maybe due to disease up and down the supply train including trucking and ports, how many weeks wait at the Port of LA again? We stop the pandemic, we stop the supply problems, just that simple. Don't, get used to the new normal. All actions, or inactions have consequences. Backorders are normal, any dealer, at anytime. You get used to it after 40+ years, the potential goes up as the Toyota way of supply ordering becomes the norm.

10. Member
    If you use the correct software then inventory updates to the website are automatic. Very easy to control. When you get product in you add it to your inventory and then it is removed when sales are finalized on the website or if you have a storefront when the customers check out it deducts that from inventory. I understand it can be time consuming to get it setup but if you run a business that is the only way to run it IMO. You have to have an accurate inventory control to know what you have/what it is worth/what your business is worth.

As for the backorders/supply problems. I am just tired of the excuse there is a pandemic. I understand there is issues, but there is more issues than there should be. We have to get back to some normal. And not this as the new normal. We cannot just sit here and say oh its cause of the pandemic at this point. This pandemic has been ongoing for a year and a half. We as a country/even as a world need to find a way to get back to work. And get things back to where they were January 2020.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonplugger1 View Post
    Get Bit is a little guy out there, he can play with the website, or get stuff out the door, you choose. I can't believe people are acting like there isn't a pandemic out there. What is all the medical equipment built from? All the packaging and supplies? Those chemicals and materials just may have higher priority uses right now. Workforce problems maybe due to disease up and down the supply train including trucking and ports, how many weeks wait at the Port of LA again? We stop the pandemic, we stop the supply problems, just that simple. Don't, get used to the new normal. All actions, or inactions have consequences. Backorders are normal, any dealer, at anytime. You get used to it after 40+ years, the potential goes up as the Toyota way of supply ordering becomes the norm.
    Bud my issues with GetBit are all pre covid, I havent done business with them since the pandemic just stating that they dont update their website with stock and often were not contacting me when stuff was on backorder. I would get a partial shipment with a note indicating it was backordered. Kevin is a nice guy but I regularly had issues with orders and missing items, this had nothing to do with covid. Was before the pandemic ever happened. Lots of other small guys out there that I havent had the same issues with. Not bashing him just saying that problem has been ongoing since before covid. Sure the pandemic has made things that much harder.

12. Member
    If your stuff is made in China, there is the power problems to contend with, some plants are only working 2 -3 days a week because of it.

13. Member
    Dont have a problem with things being backordered in general in the current state of the market- happens. Have a problem with missing items and partial orders with no heads up. This was before covid.
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 10-04-2021 at 10:46 AM.