Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs Up Traveling to Bass Cat Factory for a tour.

Hello folks,

I'm traveling to the Bass Cat Factory Wednesday for a Thursday morning tour. I have my eye on the Puma STS. I will have the opportunity to get on the water in the new STS (the red one w/300).
    I'm going to take a good look at how they build these gorgeous boats and get ideas on configurations, colors, and trim options. I'm really excited to meet the crew and ask questions. Any advice on items I may want ask or even where to eat are appreciated. I have a pretty good list started. #1 question is time to delivery. Which I understand to be 4-5 months out.

Thanks!

2. Member
    Eat at Gastons and make time to trout fish on the White River,

Jackson typically gives the tours,very knowledgeable young man. I rode in the red Puma STS 300, phenomenal boat. Enjoy your tour,it will be well worth it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    Jackson typically gives the tours,very knowledgeable young man. I rode in the red Puma STS 300, phenomenal boat. Enjoy your tour,it will be well worth it.
    Spoke with Jackson today. Right, very knowledgeable and just a stand up guy.

5. Member
    Don’t forget to stop at the company store and buy some swag. Take your time and enjoy the tour. The fine folks in Midway AR have pride in what they build and you will feel it in every building.

6. Member
    sts looks to be an awesome boat!!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbhanger51 View Post
    Don’t forget to stop at the company store and buy some swag. Take your time and enjoy the tour. The fine folks in Midway AR have pride in what they build and you will feel it in every building.
    I'm really looking forward to this trip. I love what I'm hearing from everyone about the folks at the factory. Thanks , and yes I will be coming home plenty of new swag!

Gaston’s is a good option for a night in the area. The restaurant overlooking the White River as well as all of Jim Gaston’s gathered artifacts are interesting. Other options are Whispering Woods for dinner, and if you’re into a quick meal you simply can't beat KT’s BBQ.

There are lots of options around Mountain Home, from Italian Garden to Brick Oven Pizza Co. take your pick and enjoy. Accommodations we suggest are either the Quality Inn or Hampton Inn inside MH. Let them know what you’re here for.

Have a safe trip and see you on Thursday!

BCB

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Gaston’s is a good option for a night in the area. The restaurant overlooking the White River as well as all of Jim Gaston’s gathered artifacts are interesting. Other options are Whispering Woods for dinner, and if you’re into a quick meal you simply can't beat KT’s BBQ.

There are lots of options around Mountain Home, from Italian Garden to Brick Oven Pizza Co. take your pick and enjoy. Accommodations we suggest are either the Quality Inn or Hampton Inn inside MH. Let them know what you’re here for.

Have a safe trip and see you on Thursday!

BCB
    I second the Hampton Inn, great location with an awesome Mexican restaurant within walking distance.

10. Member
    I really enjoyed my tour and I will echo many of the posts above. It's great to go to the store and try on some of the clothing that way you can not only pick out the coolest stuff but also make sure it fits perfect. I would also allow plenty of time to review the colors (both on the glass and the carpet/seats), seeing them in person in natural light really helps visualize your final design. Finally, be sure and ask for advice on color, layout and rigging since these guys see lots of boats and hear all the feedback on real world issues like which colors show water spots, which vinyl/carpet cover stains best, which flake looks best in specific colors, which graphs/options you need versus which ones are just for show, etc....... Let us know what your final color selections are when you get back!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    I second the Hampton Inn, great location with an awesome Mexican restaurant within walking distance.
    What's the name of the Mexican restaurant? We ate at one last time the OI was there and it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by jp71291 View Post
    What's the name of the Mexican restaurant? We ate at one last time the OI was there and it was awesome.
    Salsa's Grill

Fred's Catfish house is amazeballs. It overlooks Lake Norfork.

Quote Originally Posted by MMosher View Post
    Fred's Catfish house is amazeballs. It overlooks Lake Norfork.

From what I've heard from most guys, getting parts is holding up production. I would expect a 6mo wait minimum on that newer model. Was told that sts will be at Rock outdoors next week on Sept 22nd. I wish they would of pushed the date to the weekend so more people could come see it!
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisMH&F View Post
    I really enjoyed my tour and I will echo many of the posts above. It's great to go to the store and try on some of the clothing that way you can not only pick out the coolest stuff but also make sure it fits perfect. I would also allow plenty of time to review the colors (both on the glass and the carpet/seats), seeing them in person in natural light really helps visualize your final design. Finally, be sure and ask for advice on color, layout and rigging since these guys see lots of boats and hear all the feedback on real world issues like which colors show water spots, which vinyl/carpet cover stains best, which flake looks best in specific colors, which graphs/options you need versus which ones are just for show, etc....... Let us know what your final color selections are when you get back!
    The factor tour was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Meeting Rick and Jackson made my decision easy. Seeing the colors in person was very helpful. But still a difficult decision to make.

Here is my first choice: (Leaning towards this one)

Option #1 Puma STS Malibu Red with Apple Red Option 4C.jpg

Second choice:

Option #3 Puma STS Malibu Red with Rasberry Option 1A.jpg
    Last edited by Hookdem; 09-23-2021 at 09:30 PM. Reason: format for better reading

17. Member
    How do I get a factory tour, I'm a ranger guy but like the bass cats and my next new boat purchase will probably be a bass cat because I like the fact that there still locally (Arkansas) owned. The only thing that I might not like about the Bass Cat if having to drive through the chime. I had a Stratos and I got tired of always chopping the wheel so I went back to a Ranger.

They would be glad to give you a tour of the factory.

Just give them a call and schedule a trip when you have time.

This link will help you learn to drive beyond where most run. They all run into the 60’s without much effort.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hookdem View Post
    The factor tour was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Meeting Rick and Jackson made my decision easy. Seeing the colors in person was very helpful. But still a difficult decision to make.

Here is my first choice: (Leaning towards this one)

Option #1 Puma STS Malibu Red with Apple Red Option 4C.jpg

Second choice:

Option #3 Puma STS Malibu Red with Rasberry Option 1A.jpg
    I like your second choice. A bit too much red for me in the first one.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast