Any ghost tree fixes yet?

Just curious if garmin has come up with any remedies for ghost tree recently?

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    All fixed

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    All fixed
    are you saying with the new updates no more ghost tree?

4. Member
    I have none on my newest set up. The most I'll get is an occasional very, very thin semi circle.

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Here is the latest update it’s on my buddies 1242 and it’s very clear as I have said it looks fixed for the most part to me.

And the menu bar at the bottom can now be removed
    Richard Woods VA Beach,VA
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired
    SKEETER ZX225 / 225 SHO W/Power Pole CHARGE
    GET HER DONE! (Helix 10 G3, 12 G3,Garmin ECHOMAP 106 /livescope and M360 Bow all NMEA2k)
    Relion lithium batteries for T/M and LithiumPro for Motor)

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Here is the latest update it’s on my buddies 1242 and it’s very clear as I have said it looks fixed for the most part to me.
    What mount setup is that?

Richard Woods VA Beach,VA
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired
    SKEETER ZX225 / 225 SHO W/Power Pole CHARGE
    GET HER DONE! (Helix 10 G3, 12 G3,Garmin ECHOMAP 106 /livescope and M360 Bow all NMEA2k)
    Relion lithium batteries for T/M and LithiumPro for Motor)

9. Member
    Well I still have dead spots.
    Went out on my friends boat today and his still had dead spots as well.
    Not fixed IMO!

10. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Any video?

11. Member
    Nope, but I can get some and screenshots as well but what's the point. Basically nothing has changed much for me and others that I know since the Perspective View software update. Some spots I go to the unit works flawlessly, other areas I will have dead zones/ghost tree every time, every trip, any time of year under any water conditions. Again, I'm not alone as several of my friends have the exalt same issues. Different units, different boats, completely different setups. Only ones I know of that don't have these issues have are pre Perspective View units that have never been updated.

Is that mount much better than just using the TM shaft? Seems like you would have to adjust the TM or that mount as the boat moves either way?
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

13. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    Is that mount much better than just using the TM shaft? Seems like you would have to adjust the TM or that mount as the boat moves either way?
    spot lock and than just tap the foot pedal or wireless remote to fine tune it .

14. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    Nope, but I can get some and screenshots as well but what's the point. Basically nothing has changed much for me and others that I know since the Perspective View software update. Some spots I go to the unit works flawlessly, other areas I will have dead zones/ghost tree every time, every trip, any time of year under any water conditions. Again, I'm not alone as several of my friends have the exalt same issues. Different units, different boats, completely different setups. Only ones I know of that don't have these issues have are pre Perspective View units that have never been updated.
    it’s strange that some have some don’t .Is it the same on all bodies of water ?I do know if lake of the ozarks is muddy and full of iron as it will stain a white boat in a matter of minutes the scope is not as clear as it is when you can see down 15-20 feet super clear.

15. Member
    I'm fighting the dead area now that the Truman is down and the crappie have moved shallower. If I'm in less than 10 fow it falls exactly where my 10' rod places the jig. I know the work around is a longer rod, but I'm a whole lot more comfortable with the 10.

The only time I ever have a "tree" is right after deploying when sun is hot. That goes away in a matter minutes.

16. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Here’s my question are the eyes in a fluid like a oil because if you run down the lake on a hot day and you drop in the water it’s like they are confused for a minute and than straightening up and work fine .Wonder if it’s more of a alignment problem from the factory

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DOFC View Post
    I'm fighting the dead area now that the Truman is down and the crappie have moved shallower. If I'm in less than 10 fow it falls exactly where my 10' rod places the jig. I know the work around is a longer rod, but I'm a whole lot more comfortable with the 10.

The only time I ever have a "tree" is right after deploying when sun is hot. That goes away in a matter minutes.
    This is me. It's so aggravating when fishing with 10' poles. Ironically I started using them when I first bought the LS because that was the distance that was the most clear for me. The ghost tree was never that much of a concern for me.

18. Member
    What update fixed it? I have a echo map 93 sv plus running 2.54 and have a definite ghost tree ever since perspective update.
    04 Ranger 520VX
    17 Mercury 225 Pro XS

19. Member
    I recently installed the 17.10 update for my 93sv's and the ghost tree is mostly gone but the dead spot is sill there but not as bad as it was. I also made a home made gms 10 to network my 93 sv's together and that worked great for around 30 bucks. Now i can drop the forward scan down and troll around looking for fish while using the big motor.