Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    Remington 1100 all day long.
    This!!!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PATRO View Post
    Benelli Montefeltro if you don’t need 3.5”. It’s a great shooting/handling shotgun.

https://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/...eltro-shotguns
    Also comes in an ultralight, chambered for 2 3/4" shells only. For my money the regular Montefeltro is certainly more versatile for the things you describe when using the gun

3. Moderator
    Benelli Montefeltro if you don’t need 3.5”. It’s a great shooting/handling shotgun.

https://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/...eltro-shotguns
    Patrick,
    Thanks again for the recommendation of this gun. It's what I am leaning towards after doing a bunch of research. Do you have any personal experience with this gun? I am trying to find somewhere local that has one I can go handle. My only concern is a lot of people say the stock is short even for smaller guys, of which I am at 5'8". You can shim it and they offer some extensions for the stocks but they are pricey and hard to find apparently.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadrashPaul View Post
    Patrick,
    Thanks again for the recommendation of this gun. It's what I am leaning towards after doing a bunch of research. Do you have any personal experience with this gun? I am trying to find somewhere local that has one I can go handle. My only concern is a lot of people say the stock is short even for smaller guys, of which I am at 5'8". You can shim it and they offer some extensions for the stocks but they are pricey and hard to find apparently.
    I'm not Patrick but if you find it to be short, can't you add a recoil pad? Bunch of those available for under $100. Here's some options: https://www.midwestgunworks.com/bene...coil-pads.html

5. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    I'm not Patrick but if you find it to be short, can't you add a recoil pad? Bunch of those available for under $100. Here's some options: https://www.midwestgunworks.com/bene...coil-pads.html
    Yes you are correct. My concern though was if you could find one right now or not but in your link they look to be in stock mostly.

6. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter64 View Post
    Beretta Xtreme 400 Plus . True gas system that will keep functioning when filthy. Doesn't kick, comes with all the bells and whistles and will do ANYTHING you ask of it.
    That's what I have
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

7. Moderator
    So I think I have narrowed this down to either the Montefeltro or the A400 Xplor/Upland. A local shop has the Beretta on the shelf at a decent price $1450. I’m just not sure I want that good looking of a gun. I don’t want to be worried about scratching and not using it like it’s meant to be shot. I don’t duck/goose hunt so I don’t need 3.5” and personally I much prefer the look of a traditional wood/steel gun over the camo duck guns.

8. Member
    So I think I have narrowed this down to either the Montefeltro or the A400 Xplor/Upland. A local shop has the Beretta on the shelf at a decent price $1450. I’m just not sure I want that good looking of a gun. I don’t want to be worried about scratching and not using it like it’s meant to be shot. I don’t duck/goose hunt so I don’t need 3.5” and personally I much prefer the look of a traditional wood/steel gun over the camo duck guns.
    Since you don’t need to shoot 3 1/2 inch then look at the beretta A300. I’m 5’5 and use this gun for everything and anything I can. I put mine through trap, squirrel, deer, pigs, dove, and waterfowl. Shoots lighter than anything else I’ve tried. Have
    Put this gun through all kinds of stuff and it keeps
    on running. Also comes with a full
    shim kit to
    add on to the stock if you need to.

9. Banned
    Remington Versamax, have 3 of them and cannot beat how reliable they have been. I have converted one to strictly a snow goose gun capable of holding 13 rounds. The ghost round works flawlessly, whereas Benelli took this away. Even in the coldest of hunts, it has always cycled for me.

I had an SBE2 and had many thousands of rounds shot through it. I will say if you are shooting a light load, there are times it does not like to cycle. I would stick with gas gun if you plan on using the shotgun for light loads. If you only intend on shooting high brass, you won't have any issues with the benelli's.

10. Moderator
    Thanks for the info guys. I found a deal on the Montefeltro last night at Reed’s and pulled the trigger. Got it for $949. Everywhere around here wanted around $1,300 for the base gun that has a MSRP of $1199. Supply and demand I guess. I am pumped to get it here. Hope to have it in my hands early next week.

Thanks for the info guys. I found a deal on the Montefeltro last night at Reed’s and pulled the trigger. Got it for $949. Everywhere around here wanted around $1,300 for the base gun that has a MSRP of $1199. Supply and demand I guess. I am pumped to get it here. Hope to have it in my hands early next week.
    I think I need reeds in my life haha. They sold the exact gun I wanted on gun broker for less than msrp when they have been going for like 80% over. And when I walk into their store I am in Heaven.

12. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    I think I need reeds in my life haha. They sold the exact gun I wanted on gun broker for less than msrp when they have been going for like 80% over. And when I walk into their store I am in Heaven.
    Lol.... I wish they were closer. Honestly I never heard of them until about a week ago when I started looking at youtube videos on different shotguns. I found a guy that is sponsored by them and had to check them out. They are having a big Benelli sale right now and their prices on everything seemed amazing compared to the places around here.

Lol.... I wish they were closer. Honestly I never heard of them until about a week ago when I started looking at youtube videos on different shotguns. I found a guy that is sponsored by them and had to check them out. They are having a big Benelli sale right now and their prices on everything seemed amazing compared to the places around here.
    Yup they are treating their customers right, one of my buddies is sponsored for fishing with them (he got in through hunting). Pretty dang cool.

me an you imagine a 1960 department store that is over stocked beyond belief like it's about to double in size by buying the next door neighbor but they are not haha but full.
    Last edited by Fishysam; 09-22-2021 at 09:28 PM.

14. Moderator
    Well she’s a beaut. Fastest shipping ever. Reed’s will get more of my business in the future. That’s for sure. Ordered on Tuesday night and in my hand on Friday afternoon. MN to TN in 3 days.

603AB59A-72B2-442B-927A-F32A8C379CAD.jpeg

It is a very nice piece!

16. Member
    Mighty fine firearm you got yourself there sir.

Been a few months so how bout an update? I’m not on the forum much as I used to but I remembered this thread. I don’t personally own one but two good friends of mine do and anytime we are together I’m always asking to shoot it. Last gun I bought was a browning cynergy for my 40th bday present to myself but might buy one for my son in a couple years.
    2019 Blackjack 256
    Mercury Verado 350

18. Member
    I set out to buy the new Browning Maxxus 2 and wound up with 2 Benelli SBE 3's in 12 & 20. I was coming out of a Browning A5 and was hesitant to get another inertia gun. The SBE is definitely softer than my A5 and manageable on all but the most stout 3.5 sea duck loads. My next choice would be the Beretta A400.....great gun that will always go bang but I was not a fan of the controls or how it fit me. The SBE 3 in a 20 is an absolute dream to shoot and carry and has quickly moved up the pecking order as to what I reach for when I head out to the field or range.
    5 Short of a limit

19. Moderator
    Been a few months so how bout an update? I’m not on the forum much as I used to but I remembered this thread. I don’t personally own one but two good friends of mine do and anytime we are together I’m always asking to shoot it. Last gun I bought was a browning cynergy for my 40th bday present to myself but might buy one for my son in a couple years.
    I have only put a couple hundred shells through it as we have some house projects and other things going on. Compared to the 1980's Mossberg 500 pump I was shooting, it is exponentially better in every way I have shot 2-3/4" and 3" loads and didn't think the recoil was all that bad. I could see maybe on a day of 500+ rounds or something you would start to feel it. My 13 year old son fights me for it every time we go to the range now. The only thing I am going to have to change is the length of pull slightly. I am on the smaller side at 5-7" and I catch it on my clothes/shirt when mounting. I need it like 1/4-1/2" shorter and I think it would be perfect.

20. Member
    SX4
    RANGER BOATS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12