Boat leans to the left and pulls to the right.

I have a new to me Winner Z660 bass boat with a 110hp Johnson. It has a pull to right and a lean to the left. I have adjusted the trim tab and it helped a little. The boat runs level until about 25mph and then leans to the left. I have run it with the hydrofoil and without. The motor looks to be installed correctly. It has a stainless prop on it, I cant find any markings on in except Raker. The boat is loaded evenly operates perfectly otherwise. Any suggestions would be a great help. I also would like a suggestion for a general use prop, I fish a lot but also like to pull a tube for the kids.

trim usually helps with the lean. try bumping up the trim when this happens.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    Trim it up. You’re plowing water.

Yep trim up. It sounds like the way you adjusted the trim tab is probably correct since it helped, but I will say that adjusting those things was both counterintuitive and surprising to me when I first learned about it, so ensure you've adjusted it the right way, or probably more likely in your case, ensure you've adjusted it far enough.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

5. Member
    UPDATE: I found out I have a short shaft engine on a long shaft transom. The previous owner had it mounted in the third holes from the top, I remounted to the top holes. The boat handles very well now. My engine is the J110tlc and has raker 13.5x20 (394759) propeller on it. My WOT is 4800rpms at 39mph with the GPS. I am satisfied with this, should I make any changes besides getting the correct shaft length?

Did you mean to say you have a long shaft engine on a short transom?

Assuming the RPM gauge is accurate, those RPMs seem pretty low. Doing a little bit of digging it sounds like max RPM on that motor is between 4500 and 5500 RPMs, so you're within range. That said, I suspect it would run better and your hole shot would improve if you could get closer to that 5500 number. If your motor is still sitting really low, it might just be a product of that and I wouldn't mess with the prop if you're planning to adjust motor height/change shaft length on the motor. However, if you're going to leave that the same and could try a lower pitched prop, 18 or 19p, I suspect your RPMs would increase and you'd get better response overall. The motor will likely be happier running closer to its max RPMs, too.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

7. Member
    I am thinking of trying a Solas 13x19 aluminum prop, depending on it how it turns out I can use it as a spare. Would this choice be ok or is there another suggestion? Thanks for all the help!

Stainless will almost always perform better than aluminum in an application like this. I'd try a lower pitched stainless if possible, though if that's what you have access to it can't hurt to try. It will likely spin faster than your stainless prop of the same pitch, if nothing else.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"