Thread: Lakevu HD Map

Lakevu HD Map

So I have a older purchased Lakevu HD Map SD card from 2017? Can I still update it? I updated my Echomap Plus to v.13.40 and it can't read the the maps off the HD Map SD card.
    07 STRATOS 176XT

2. Member
    Ok so, I can Update my old Lakevu HD maps sd card from map version from 2015 to the latest 2021.50 for 100 bucks. I'm also downloading the same map version for free to update my Echomap plus and Echomap UHD. So will this free update be the same as if I would update the card for 100 bucks, or will my card pretty much updated with the latest maps and still have the extra perks it came with such as the Lakevu G3 Ultra card does.
    07 STRATOS 176XT

I don't exactly understand your question, but I think you are confusing accessory card mapping with preloaded, built-in mapping on the Echomaps. When you update your accessory mapping card to 2021.5, this mapping will always stay on the card (i.e., you must keep the card in the SD card slot for the unit to read it). If your units are linked with ethernet, then this accessory card mapping will share to all networked units. There are separate updates for your preloaded, built-in mapping too, but you wouldn't need them since you have accessory card mapping. Also, with some units, the preloaded updates are large enough that they won't completely transfer to the unit anyway (still have to leave the card in unit).
    Garmin Pro Team

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    I don't exactly understand your question, but I think you are confusing accessory card mapping with preloaded, built-in mapping on the Echomaps. When you update your accessory mapping card to 2021.5, this mapping will always stay on the card (i.e., you must keep the card in the SD card slot for the unit to read it). If your units are linked with ethernet, then this accessory card mapping will share to all networked units. There are separate updates for your preloaded, built-in mapping too, but you wouldn't need them since you have accessory card mapping. Also, with some units, the preloaded updates are large enough that they won't completely transfer to the unit anyway (still have to leave the card in unit).
    Ok, thanks. Yeah I understand that you would leave the Acc card in, but was just wondering if I updated this Preloaded Lakevu HD card from v. 2015 to the latest 2021.50 would I still have the advanced features on it that doesn't come with the preloaded maps built in to the units. Like what the Lakevu HD Ultra cards have.
    07 STRATOS 176XT

5. Member
    I guess it would if your paying for the mapping...
    07 STRATOS 176XT

Seems you are indicating that your original 2015 card is just a LakeVu g3 card, and not a LakeVu g3 Ultra card. If so, if you updated this 2015 card, you would have all the latest information for that card, but not the extra features provided by the Ultra version of mapping.
    Garmin Pro Team

7. Member
    Ah, Thanks.

Yeah that's what I was wondering
    07 STRATOS 176XT