Wide Body Interior Question

I sold my '98 191 last week. A lot of my current fishing time is spent with my father in law. He owns a Ranger so we mostly use his boat since it is easier with all his gear in his boat and is his comfort zone. On occasion lately, he has had thoughts of selling his boat.

I would like to move into a wide body Champion and let him fish with me as long as he is still able to get out and go as he moves into his later years. In order to make it work, it needs to have easy step ups onto the front and back decks from the console area. So the question is, which wide body models were built with the layout to offer easy up/down off the decks movement?

Thanks.
    Butch
    Hope is not a method!

183, 188, 196, 198, 206, 210 all wide bodies.

3. Member
    200 also

4. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    And the newer 202...

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I've removed the center seat in my 210 which makes stepping up to the rear deck very easy.

6. Member
    If fishing with your father in law is a priority for you, you may want to consider a multi species boat. The steps to the decks aren't so bad, but my father has trouble getting up and down from my bench seat. Pedestals would make it a lot easier for him.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    I've removed the center seat in my 210 which makes stepping up to the rear deck very easy.
    Thanks. Does the 210 have a cooler or compartment that acts as an easy step up onto the front deck?
    Hope is not a method!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 181scx View Post
    If fishing with your father in law is a priority for you, you may want to consider a multi species boat. The steps to the decks aren't so bad, but my father has trouble getting up and down from my bench seat. Pedestals would make it a lot easier for him.
    Currently he is in his early/mid 70's and mobility is fine. The multi species may indeed be the answer as time progresses.
    Hope is not a method!

9. Member
    YES THEY DO.

10. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ltcbutch View Post
    Thanks. Does the 210 have a cooler or compartment that acts as an easy step up onto the front deck?
    Yes sir. Was looking for some pix, but don't have any of the interior

11. Member
    2006 198 Champion. Not the best pictures, but you get the idea of the center seat removed and the front step up cooler.

Champ001.JPGKids-Winni017_zpsdc02292b.JPG
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

12. Member
    Thanks to all for the information and pictures. Exactly what I needed! Also, a few models I did not know as wide bodies.
    Hope is not a method!