Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone surprised?

By how Erie is kicking St Clair’s ass in the MLF event?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

2. Member
    There’s going to be a lot of people fishing that area this week, especially with the BFL next weekend out of Elizabeth park.

3. Great Lakes Captain RangerTim619's Avatar
    I have other thoughts on MLF having an event on your home waters.
    Ranger 619 * Honda 200* Minn Kota* Humminbird *Garmin
    Fenwick *Abu Garcia

4. dartag1829
    Only thing is they are catching 2-3 pounders. Look at local tourny weights. Takes over 20 to finish in the money most days. It has been a good tourny for there format.

The interesting thing is watching KVD vs Neal casting a crankbait. KVD puts his whole body into it. Neal just kind of lobs it out there.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerTim619 View Post
    I have other thoughts on MLF having an event on your home waters.
    I sometimes have thoughts also on things.

6. Member
    I'm a little surprised, but there is a ton of largemouth water down on Erie and I think the smallies are a little less pressured down there than they are on LSC. I'm more surprised that Lefebre blanked on his first day! Anybody know the story on that?!?

7. dartag1829
    9 mile tower got a lot of background coverage today. The downriver largemouth bite has always been good. Just not big enough to compete with smallmouth. Wednesday should be interesting with the guys out in the channel and Strader at the Metro Ramp catching LM. Be interesting to see what Dobson has up his sleeve tomorrow. Hope he makes the final day. Was waiting for one of the guys to be in the Hot Ponds in Monroe.

8. Member
    Pulling for Dobson too! If the forecast is right, it is gonna be brutal tomorrow down on Erie. Supposed to gust to 30.

Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    I'm a little surprised, but there is a ton of largemouth water down on Erie and I think the smallies are a little less pressured down there than they are on LSC. I'm more surprised that Lefebre blanked on his first day! Anybody know the story on that?!?
    Not sure his facebook page just had him saying he took a bait from the secret tacklebox segment and he’s giving it back because he paid for it by blanking yesterday he was joking of corse saying it was his punishment for stealing

10. Member
    I just find it hard to believe he could zero on LSC, he's a pretty good smallmouth fisherman. Maybe he swung for the fences and bombed. I don't have censorbook.

Its one thing to hunt for 5 toads and another to find a pod of small fish and beat on them for 8 hours

I've said it before and will say it again this is a TV show based on tournament fishing
    "The handicapped angler"

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Its one thing to hunt for 5 toads and another to find a pod of small fish and beat on them for 8 hours

I've said it before and will say it again this is a TV show based on tournament fishing
    It’s a different game, with different strategy required. I found the two day 2 cut line battles more exciting than any 5 fish glory shot weigh-in ive ever watched.

I’m glad there’s innovation out there like MLF to attract more viewers and fisher people to the sport. There are too many liberals, tree huggers and eco-terrorists out there that want to eliminate fishing and hunting altogether. This format is nothing but good for the sport.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post

I have fished both formats. The MLF format is 100% more fun and nerve-racking to compete in. Completely destroys a 5 fish format if you are looking for something to fuel a competitive nature.

As far as each format being spectator friendly, I don't know if I care for either one. But competing in the MLF format is awesome.

14. Member
    Where is wheeler right now? 56 minutes left on the timer period 1 knockout round
    2010 Nitro X-5 w/ 90HP Mercury Optimax
    2020 Ultrex Ipilot Link MDI
    Helix 12 MDI G3N
    Helix 12 MSI G3N
    Mega 360

Quote Originally Posted by bmwnc2 View Post
    Where is wheeler right now? 56 minutes left on the timer period 1 knockout round
    Knocking on the door again

I agree just like pizza there needs to be choices/option because we don’t all like the same things and with this PC liberal world we live in these days we need a format where many of the obstacles are removed and everyone gets a reward

But it’s just not my cup of tea

It is great TV and as many say exciting
    "The handicapped angler"

17. Member
    Where is Andy Morgan's spot? I'm never going there, just curious and haven't been able to pinpoint it. PM are welcomed.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    Where is Andy Morgan's spot? I'm never going there, just curious and haven't been able to pinpoint it. PM are welcomed.
    Backwater areas around Grosse Ille

19. Banned
    Are they launching out of 9 mile? I haven’t used that ramp since last spring…have they done some work on it?
    Last edited by sportsnutguy; 09-14-2021 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnutguy View Post
    Are they launching out of 9 mile? I haven’t used that ramp since last spring…have they done some work on it?
    On days with small craft warnings they are letting them trailer. Otherwise, yes nine mile. And yes the ramp sucks.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast