Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

20,000 for a 29 year old boats?

The last few weeks I have been seeing lots of 1997-2001 boats with asking prices in the 30 grand region.. are people really getting these prices? Seems insanely high to me but maybe I am just out of step with the times..

oops i meant to type 20 year old
    Last edited by Rob Allen; 09-11-2021 at 06:53 PM. Reason: typo
    Not all churches have pews? Very few churches without pews have God.

2. Banned
    I think the same thing every time I see an old champ listed. They sure are proud of those old boats

3. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    Wouldn’t shock me. Around here they seem to be around mid to high 20s for that year pending brand.

Given the cost of a new one/newer ones I think helps the older boats with the higher value. I have an 04 Ranger 521 that’s in great shape and it would take a pretty penny to buy it given what it would cost to replace it. It’s why I still have it. I’d love to upgrade and look all the time. I just can’t bring myself to do it tho.

A lot of those have newer engines. Also, the price of newer electronics and power poles add up quickly.
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

5. Member
    Boats are expensive. Doesn’t mean that you can’t get a good deal on one sometimes. Mine is an 08 and I wouldn’t let it go for less than 40K. As said it’s too expensive to replace.
    GETFISHED !!!

Sold my 05 Z21 dual console recently for $33,500. The boat was absolutely immaculate, with new electronics, nema 2000 ( engine & WP connections on a SHO with only 10 hrs on a factory powerhead), trolling motor, new Goodyear endurance tires. Is that high, maybe, could be but the guy that bought it traveled 5 1/2 hours, looked at it and never argued about the price. Couldn't believe the condition it was in. I think the high prices of the new ones, long wait to get one, economy, and covid 19 are playing a big part in it. But that's just my penny.........

mine is a 2003 and i wouldnt take less than 25k for it with how it is set up and the shape it is in.

8. Member
    you think 30 k is high for an older than 25 year old boat until you price a new 21 foot bass boat loaded up.

9. Member
    I sold my '99 Champ early this summer. I had 27 interested parties from all over the country. It was in amazing shape for a 22 year old boat, and sold quickly. The demand is definitely there.

10. Member
    Prices are just way up right now.
    NADA shows my boat worth more than I paid for it almost 8 years ago.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    I sold my '99 Champ early this summer. I had 27 interested parties from all over the country. It was in amazing shape for a 22 year old boat, and sold quickly. The demand is definitely there.
    Sometimes there is more people viewing the Champ board then other brands in current production! Pretty impressive for a brand no longer made! I had a 95 champ I sold when I bought my Phoenix in 2020 it was a great boat!

12. Member
    Just last year I put a new Mercury 175proXS on my 30 year old $5000 Hydrasport,,Do the math,Insurance company didn't blink an eye at $26000 coverage the way it's setup and condition .

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    3k for lithium batteries, 3500 for powerpoles, 10.5k in electronics 3k for a trolling motor , 1200 for a power pole charge theres over 20k on my 01 Ranger and I havent even added in boat, newer motor or trailer. So yes depending on how its equipt I certinly can see someone getting those types of asking prices.

14. Member
    Its called ridiculous, prices that is. I never thought I would say this but at this point I will probably just stay boatless. People want way to much and I guess fomo is making people buy them

electronics trolling motors, now if it had original electronics I don't see how it could draw that price.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

16. Member
    Wesley Strader is smoking them right now without using electronics.

17. Member
    I mean honestly?

I paid 12.5k for my year 2000 triton boat in 2018.

Ive added an ultrex, recess pedal tray, new graphs, new battery charger, rewired the boat, added a backplate and a pair of power pole blades.

Ive put 12k in it at least. I'd probably ask for 25-30k as loaded. If buyer didn't want the poles or the graphs I'd probably ask 20k for it.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OverTimeAgain View Post
    I mean honestly?

I paid 12.5k for my year 2000 triton boat in 2018.

Ive added an ultrex, recess pedal tray, new graphs, new battery charger, rewired the boat, added a backplate and a pair of power pole blades.

Ive put 12k in it at least. I'd probably ask for 25-30k as loaded. If buyer didn't want the poles or the graphs I'd probably ask 20k for it.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but your thinking is part of the reason used boats are so high. The 12k you put into it isn't worth 12k the minute you walked out of the store with it. I'm not arguing the fact that electronics, power poles and trolling motors aren't expensive, but they depreciate quickly, just like anything else. Same goes for vehicles. A $2500 set of wheels and tires doesn't add $2500 to the value of your truck, but people sure seem to think it should.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way, but your thinking is part of the reason used boats are so high. The 12k you put into it isn't worth 12k the minute you walked out of the store with it. I'm not arguing the fact that electronics, power poles and trolling motors aren't expensive, but they depreciate quickly, just like anything else. Same goes for vehicles. A $2500 set of wheels and tires doesn't add $2500 to the value of your truck, but people sure seem to think it should.
    Exactly. My favorite seller of vehicles is the guy who put 30k of aftermarket into his rig and expects to get it back not realizing that aftermarket hurts the value of the vehicle. With boats it doesn’t quite work the same, but in general you can only add approximately 50% of current value of the add ons to the price of the boat. The current market is crazy and some sellers are doing very well, but it definitely isn’t a normal market.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

20. Member
    There are many great deals on very nice bass boats. You just have to be patient and willing to travel on the spur of the moment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast