Canadarago Lake - Ramp Steward Warning

Just wanted to give you guys that fish canadarago a heads up. The lake association is now doing very detailed boat inspections. So expect to be delayed at least 10-20min depending on who you get.

Be cautious if you get the guy named Mark, even the stewards in the afternoon said he takes his job too seriously and has had a few complaints already. He “threatened” to have 4 of us boaters arrested because we had weeds on our trailers. When we told him we know ECON officers and that’s not even remotely a detainable offense he began arguing with a few of the guys saying he would prevent them for launching. He yelled at a guy with a jon boat that he’s not allowed to go past the booth until he gave them permission.

He told me I needed to take better care of my boat (it’s in mint condition), took my trolling motor prop off without asking, warped the blades then told me that it’s my fault if it’s broke because he wouldn’t have to touch it if I took my prop off every time even though he did it without asking or notice. when I said the boat hasn’t seen water in 1.5months and according to the DEC it’s a 2 week window and even the state won’t do this with how long it’s been out of the water he said they don’t care what the DEC says that they’re in charge. He then informed us that bass fisherman are ruining the lake and we’re the reason they are doing the inspections now. I guess the lake association is getting what they’ve been trying to accomplish all along, to ban bass tournaments and fisherman.

good luck to any person fishing the Susquehanna tournament tmrw, it absolutely sucked today
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    They got lucky. Guess he wasn't there yesterday.
    14 and change won it.

3. Member
    Those guys are good. Only one guy in our club caught a limit Saturday. Caught quite a few 11” fish but just could not get the smallies to fire and I know winning smallmouth bags are in there.
    1995 Ranger 481v

4. Member
    I probably met mark. He took my trolling motor prop off last time I was there. Found that quite irritating. It's the closest easiest ramp to my house. Not fun. Check that off during the summer. Fishing not that great anyway.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Those guys are good. Only one guy in our club caught a limit Saturday. Caught quite a few 11” fish but just could not get the smallies to fire and I know winning smallmouth bags are in there.
    every day is different, it was a struggle reported from most.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    I probably met mark. He took my trolling motor prop off last time I was there. Found that quite irritating. It's the closest easiest ramp to my house. Not fun. Check that off during the summer. Fishing not that great anyway.
    Wait a minute, are you saying that this clown took the prop of your TM without asking you to do it or permission to even touch your boat?

I don't have a problem with anyone asking to look at anything on my rig, but he would have a serious problem if he messed with anything even on the deck.
    Is this a private lake?

7. Member
    Pa has some crap regulations, but nothing like this.
    I had to read this thread to learn what a launch steward even was

8. Member
    It's a public lake at a state ramp. Plus his dog was not on a leash.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

9. Member
    One day on rago……. Headed left from the public launch got into the smallies really good….. when I say good …..5 for 23 pounds. Wind was blowing and the conditions were perfect. That day when I pulled in it looked like the Amish were having a tournament probably 10 to 12 horses with trailers in the parking lot. I wonder if they get checked for weeds too ??

10. Member
    They probably didnt even check their catches

11. Member
    According to NYS DEC, this is the protocol of a TILT-SLELO Stewards.

The Stewards conduct a voluntary inspection and survey using a standardized protocol, engage in dialogue about invasive species, their impact, and how to take preventative measures to stop their spread, provide educational materials, and collect data that informs invasive species management throughout the state.

So next time that clown Mark is harassing any of you, make it clear that you can have is a$$ fired if he does not properly conduct himself according to his stewardship job.

12. Member
    Learn something new, I did not think that Amish folks even fished or was part of their culture, apart from selling 'fishing wood' at their stands.

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    According to NYS DEC, this is the protocol of a TILT-SLELO Stewards.

The Stewards conduct a voluntary inspection and survey using a standardized protocol, engage in dialogue about invasive species, their impact, and how to take preventative measures to stop their spread, provide educational materials, and collect data that informs invasive species management throughout the state.

So next time that clown Mark is harassing any of you, make it clear that you can have is a$$ fired if he does not properly conduct himself according to his stewardship job.
    according to him he "doesnt care what the DEC says hes in charge". next time I go im gonna have my prop off sitting on the deck ill make sure to him that a visual inspection is just that if he physically touches anything on my boat it will be the last time he touches anyones shit.

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Learn something new, I did not think that Amish folks even fished or was part of their culture, apart from selling 'fishing wood' at their stands.
    they literally clean out the lakes around here as the Fish and Game laws do not apply to them. You will see a boat load of them , they do not know what the word release means and size does not matter to them.

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos3317 View Post
    One day on rago……. Headed left from the public launch got into the smallies really good….. when I say good …..5 for 23 pounds. Wind was blowing and the conditions were perfect. That day when I pulled in it looked like the Amish were having a tournament probably 10 to 12 horses with trailers in the parking lot. I wonder if they get checked for weeds too ??
    thats a magical day seen the ocassional 20 and one 22 pound bag on there but never a 23 and with all smallmouth.. thats insane congrats

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    according to him he "doesnt care what the DEC says hes in charge". next time I go im gonna have my prop off sitting on the deck ill make sure to him that a visual inspection is just that if he physically touches anything on my boat it will be the last time he touches anyones shit.
    K&K,
    Apart from a good a$$ beating, calling the DEC on him would be the legal way of handling it, which in today's world would probably be the safe legal way.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    they literally clean out the lakes around here as the Fish and Game laws do not apply to them. You will see a boat load of them , they do not know what the word release means and size does not matter to them.
    Well, they view animals as product and profit. Sad to see that they do not want to see depletion of any that cannot be mass produced is not a prudent thing for anyone, even in their understanding of
    "subdue the earth, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth." Genesis 1:28

18. Member
    One tournament on black lake was going under the bridge and had to pass thru the narrow cut. A small row boat was right in the middle of the channel. 2 Amish boys aboard and when I got closer a pile of fish that was literally falling out of the boat. Didn’t care what size anything they caught was boated and most likely ground up. The laws don’t apply to them they don’t care !!

19. Member
    The Amish are known for cleaning out lakes. Beardslee reservoir near Little Falls used to be known for trout and perch. It’s now barren. They show up at Delta every opening weekend for bass and typically do very well
    1995 Ranger 481v