Thread: Culling system

Culling system

Isn't there a system that logs your weight n tell u which number to swap out ? Name n where to purchas

2. Member
    Catch Commander scale does that but I'm not sure about a culling system?

3. Member
    One of the Rapala scales also does that but catch commander seems to have much better reviews but cost a little more.
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

4. Member
    Just use the Rapala scale. You can store up to 8 fish. Then whatever slot you put it in corresponds with the cull tag number. Easy
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

Rapala scales work for it, Catch Commander works for it. FWIW, I started with the Rapala Touch Screen scale and though it was accurate, I hated it. Too complicated, and intermittent performance with cold and/or wet fingers, the latter of which is pretty hard to avoid. The High Contrast has real buttons, is just as accurate, and is much simpler. That's definitely the way to go out of those two in my opinion.

I moved on to Catch Commander when I couldn't get a Rapala to work for more than one season. Two full years in on it, and my only real complaint is the bright yellow color. It's an eye catcher for spot jumpers when you're weighing a fish, but that's honestly pretty minor in the grand scheme. It's accurate, easy to use, actually rated to be water resistant, and I've yet to have a single hiccup with it.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

6. Member
    I've used the same Rapala touch screen for probably 7-8 years. It's as accurate as anything, and I just get numbered cull tags and use whatever number slot for the tag. Have not had any problem with cold weather or wet hands. It just works for me.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

7. Member
    I like the CULL M RITE system.

8. Member
    There's a few scales that will record your weights by color. I prefer using the Accu Cull board and setting the numbers myself. I've had scales go out before and when that happens I just record the lengths instead of weights and use my beam to sort out the close ones. A buddy does have the Catch Commander though and really likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post
    I've used the same Rapala touch screen for probably 7-8 years. It's as accurate as anything, and I just get numbered cull tags and use whatever number slot for the tag. Have not had any problem with cold weather or wet hands. It just works for me.
    ^^^ yes and Roy-g-biv or red yellow green blue white. And then I let a toddler color on my rapala DE0030A5-AB34-4833-A114-B62F9777BF88.jpeg