Yamaha interface cable?

appears that the readings from yamaha to lowrance has quit working. not real sure how long its been broke but its been in the last month. is there any troubleshooting i can do? i've unhoooked it on both ends and no change. the nema network is working because i'm picking up my point one antenna. only other option is buy another cable and hook it up before i run the wire again.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckmaster27012 View Post
    appears that the readings from yamaha to lowrance has quit working. not real sure how long its been broke but its been in the last month. is there any troubleshooting i can do? i've unhoooked it on both ends and no change. the nema network is working because i'm picking up my point one antenna. only other option is buy another cable and hook it up before i run the wire again.
    Interestingly, I recently started to have the same problem with my Evinrude, and posted this:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1144885

3. Member
    If you go to SETTINGS-NETWORK-DEVICE LIST on your Lowrance unit, is the Yamaha Interface listed when the cable is attached? Also, have you tried plugging it in to a different "Tee" connector
    in your NMEA network?

4. Member
    i checked the network and its not listed on it. running it to another tee connector is not an option because wire is too short. did you ever get your issue resolved?

5. Member
    i checked the network and its not listed on it. running it to another tee connector is not an option because wire is too short. did you ever get your issue resolved?
    Can you swap the Point-1 T temporarily?

It won't show as interface cable in the device list, mine shows up as a bunch of numbers and maybe letters. It could be the motor serial # but I have never checked.

6. Member
    I think so. It appears that it was a problem with the software. The difference compared to your issue is that my engine interface was showing up on my device list, was displaying the data on my Evinrude Icon gauges, but not on my units. I tried a new interface cable and attached it to several different Tee connectors on my network, but the issue persisted. Finally got in touch with someone on the etec owners site who has a lot of experience with Evinrude outboards and NMEA networks, and he pointed me in the right direction. I reloaded the software on each unit, did hard resets each time, and finally got it back. I agree with the recommendation that you connect the interface cable to the Point 1 Tee. I assume you have also checked all of the connections on your network including the terminal resistors, and that you have an adequate power supply. If it still doesen't work after all of this, you likely will need a new yamaha cable.

7. Member
    Re this threads I am also interested in the yamaha interface cable for my rig, a yamaha 250 hp and hds carbon.
    where can i find info on where this cable connects to the engine.?
    do you run cable thru the access tunnel with all the other wires, or separately?
    and what info do you get from this interface the Lowrance?
    Can some of this info be put on a overlay screen ,or do you have to move/navigate to another page for this info?
    sorry for so many questions!
    thanks
    john

8. Member
    you can buy this cable from amazon or wherever you choose. it hooks to a connector on the port side of the motor at the front. you run the cable thru the hard plastic that ties into the motor and you hook it to a NEMA network. your unit will have page that can display the information and overlay more of it on that page or other pages if you choose. i think there are some youtube videos on it.

hooking to my point 1 i'd have to get an extender cable to get it up that far and remove all my units from the front to access it. may go ahead and order cable just to try it. can always return it.

9. Member
    Update. I went back thru my settings on my unit and found the issue. The data source for my engine info had swapped to something. Not even real sure what it was. The interface was showing as another source so I selected it and all is good. Note to remember whenever install new unit or device to your network make sure to check data sources on anything that may not be working because it seems to swap on its own sometimes. I had the same thing happen with my temp reading in my unit a couple weeks ago. Just never thought about checking it for this issue.

10. Member
    thanks for update buck master.
    I have ethernet connection to another hds Carbon on consoles usually what i see on one unit is also on the other units.
    I also have the nema 2000 for wm-3 sirius system connections.
    i will look on YouTube for additional info on this.currently using just my yamaha console y5 system round gauges for the various data.
    thanks
    john