Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

360, or lithium trolling batteries?

Which would you guys go with? I’m leaning towards lithium trolling batteries, because my trolling batteries are starting to lose a little juice and I really like my ionic lithium starting / electronics battery, especially the app that tracks battery use.

Also considering a mega 360 setup. It would likely be a little more expensive, I’d probably replace the helix 9 up front with a 12. Also possibly could move my helix 12 from the console to the bow and maybe get a helix ten to replace it. The helix 12 I have is a gps/2d unit only, so I would have to figure out where to mount the helix 9 up front as a third unit to plug the 360 into. I would also likely need to get my boat cover modified. I already have a livescope setup up front with a 12, and after a year I’m finally getting pretty comfortable with it. I sort of fear adding the 360 might lead to a little bit of electronics overload for a while anyways.

Any thoughts, especially from guys who run both 360 and livescope?
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

I have lithium's and I'm happy, I have birds and no 360 and am happy. But I do have livescope
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    My two cents is if you fish alot of "bank" then I would go with your lithium batteries. If you fish "offshore" or would like to then choose the 360. My current boat has my first 360. The 360 has increased my catch rate significantly over previous years when not having one.
    2023 Ranger 521R DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S

4. Member
    360!
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MakingWaves View Post
    My two cents is if you fish alot of "bank" then I would go with your lithium batteries. If you fish "offshore" or would like to then choose the 360. My current boat has my first 360. The 360 has increased my catch rate significantly over previous years when not having one.
    Do you have livescope or equivalent? I think if I didn’t have the livescope I’d for sure get the 360, but for now the livescope seems pretty decent at finding rock piles / weed lines that I already graphed with side imaging. The 360 takes the image clarity to the next level, but it’s not like I’m fishing blind with only 2d at this point.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Do you have livescope or equivalent? I think if I didn’t have the livescope I’d for sure get the 360, but for now the livescope seems pretty decent at finding rock piles / weed lines that I already graphed with side imaging. The 360 takes the image clarity to the next level, but it’s not like I’m fishing blind with only 2d at this point.
    No I do not have any other front facing electronics other than 360.
    2023 Ranger 521R DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S

Lithium has my vote
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

Easy, 360!

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CigarBasser View Post
    Lithium has my vote

10. Member
    Pretty even split, I think I’ll go with lithiums for this year. Batteries are starting to lose a little capacity, and honestly don’t really want to deal with graph re-arranging and getting my boat cover modified.

11. Member
    360 hand down batteries don’t catch fish.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDRINE View Post
    True, but staying in the boondocks an extra day with zero fear of running out juice can catch some fish.

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDRINE View Post
    ever tried to fish w no trolling motor.. says his batteries are losing a little juice.. won't be long before he has no juice then a shaft mounted 360 doesn't due you much good.

14. Member
    Lol true. I guess I should have been a little clearer. I would go with normal Duracell AGM. And 360.

15. Member
    If it were me, I would go with the 360. If you have lead acids, do a cleanup cycle on them and see if that helps. I personally figure I will go through another set of AGM's/Lead Acids before lithiums get more into a price range I can stomach.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Which would you guys go with? I’m leaning towards lithium trolling batteries, because my trolling batteries are starting to lose a little juice and I really like my ionic lithium starting / electronics battery, especially the app that tracks battery use.

Also considering a mega 360 setup. It would likely be a little more expensive, I’d probably replace the helix 9 up front with a 12. Also possibly could move my helix 12 from the console to the bow and maybe get a helix ten to replace it. The helix 12 I have is a gps/2d unit only, so I would have to figure out where to mount the helix 9 up front as a third unit to plug the 360 into. I would also likely need to get my boat cover modified. I already have a livescope setup up front with a 12, and after a year I’m finally getting pretty comfortable with it. I sort of fear adding the 360 might lead to a little bit of electronics overload for a while anyways.

Any thoughts, especially from guys who run both 360 and livescope?
    The lithiums will void your warranty on the motor

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Angler View Post
    Only if its proven to cause the issues with the motor. I'm willing to take the risk, especially as more and more boats are coming with factory lithium cranking batteries. Extremely happy with my 125 ah starting / electronics battery, and so are thousands of other guys.

18. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Angler View Post
    fact checked.. false statement

19. Member
    If you want to potentially catch more fish get the 360, if you want to lighten up your boat and potentially eliminate any power issues go with lithiums.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marlon crowder View Post
    If you want to potentially catch more fish get the 360, if you want to lighten up your boat and potentially eliminate any power issues go with lithiums.
    Went with 100 ah ionics and the pricing was honestly a little cheaper than I expected. Considering getting the 360 and just running it with my helix 9 for a little bit. Is it worth running on the smaller screen? Will have to see when my boat canvas place has availability to modify the cover to make it fit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast