As fall approaches so does the return of the simplest meal

The grill cheese sandwich. When dad was still with us he wanted it three times a week. It and a bowl of tomato soup
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

That is a great and simple meal

3. Moderator
    I love a grilled cheese. Try putting some shredded buffalo chicken on one and grill it up.

4. Member
    Yes!
    I like a bit of garlic salt on the sandwich and a couple of shots of tabasco in the soup.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

Grilled cheese and ravioli and a big tall, ice cold glass of sweet tea.

6. Member
    I make a grill cheese sandwich sometimes. Like said, simple and good and I'll add no dirty pots to shrub clean.

7. Member
    A lot of variations on this. I like rye bread and salami. The little sandwich machines make a good grilled cheese. On a hot gas grill too. Excellent camping on a hot griddle. I'm not a fan of tomato soup but will go with any of the soups available today.
    I never get to the bar I work at during lunch but I heard that grilled cheese and fresh soup go like crazy.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

I like tomato soup and sweet pickles with it.

If it’s a Colby bacon grilled cheese I tend to skip the soup and have chips. Colby bacon grilled cheese is delicious.

9. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Gotta have bacon on the grilled cheese. One of my favorite cold weather meals, grilled cheese and tomato soup. Panera does a decent grilled cheese and good tomato soup, when you don't want to cook
    Thanos was the hero

10. Member
    No thanks. How about some chili.

11. Member
    Without a doubt, one of the most under rated dinners. So simple, so little mess, so quick. Can't do soup in the summer, but I'll be eating it all winter long. About half a bottle of hot sauce in my soup please!

12. Member
    Grilled cheese and ham for this guy. Simple and delicious meal. Now for the real question...what type of cheese are you using? Sometimes I stick with the simple american but also like pepperjack
    Fish have fins, they swim

Quote Originally Posted by PJ-Rohlf View Post
    Grilled cheese and ham for this guy. Simple and delicious meal. Now for the real question...what type of cheese are you using? Sometimes I stick with the simple american but also like pepperjack
    Depends on who is here eating. If it's just me and the wife it will be a slice of cheddar between two slices of American with the cheddar being thick cut. If our daughter is home no telling BUT it will have mac&cheese in the middle of the cheese slices.
    A very good one I made was taking thick sliced cooked smoked bacon and crumbling it up and mixing with my homemade pimento cheese and grilling it on TX toast, but that's getting away from simple
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

The sharper the cheddar the better for me....little smear of mayo on the inside makes it rich and tasty. Coupled with a good tomato soup made with cream is even better

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    Depends on who is here eating. If it's just me and the wife it will be a slice of cheddar between two slices of American with the cheddar being thick cut. If our daughter is home no telling BUT it will have mac&cheese in the middle of the cheese slices.
    A very good one I made was taking thick sliced cooked smoked bacon and crumbling it up and mixing with my homemade pimento cheese and grilling it on TX toast, but that's getting away from simple
    Mac and cheese in there and bacon...how have I not thought of this?!
    Fish have fins, they swim