2001/2002 Tr-19 w/ 200 ProXs 4S?

I’m waiting on my new 200hp ProXs 4S to arrive. Has anyone repowered their Tr-19 with a new V8 4S? If so, what prop did you settle on? Im running an Atlas 6” Jack Plate. Currently have 24 & 25 tempest+, and a 24 Trophy+. Not against a new prop either. Honestly I plan to buy a new prop once I find what works best.
    2021 Skeeter Zx225
    2021 Yamaha 225 SHO
    Ultrex 112# w/ Ipilot
    Helix 12 Mega+SI
    Helix 9 Mega+ SI
    Helix 9 Mega+ DI
    Helix 9 Chirp/GPS
    Garmin 1222 w/ LSV32
    Ionic Lithium

2. Member
    I'd say start with the 24 tempest.

I am keeping up with this post as I too have a 01 TR19. I am on the fence whether to repower or buy a new boat.

4. Member
    Repower. Spend 20k not 50k. Nothing special about new boats. They are slower. And cost way to much

5. Member
    ‘98 tr19 I bought new. Repowered in ‘17 with a 175 pro XS, new aluminum trailer in 19 and a Ghost this year.
    Thought about a new boat but can’t justify in my world spending the money on one. This boat is perfect for me
    and runs and fishes like a new one. Only thing left is new seats hopefully this winter

Quote Originally Posted by tritondon150 View Post
    ‘98 tr19 I bought new. Repowered in ‘17 with a 175 pro XS, new aluminum trailer in 19 and a Ghost this year.
    Thought about a new boat but can’t justify in my world spending the money on one. This boat is perfect for me
    and runs and fishes like a new one. Only thing left is new seats hopefully this winter
    I also replaced my trailer last year. I have installed an Atlas Jack Plate, 5 Helix 9’s, Mega 360, and an Ultrex over the last year and a half. My hull is in excellent condition with no stress cracks that I can see, and a few very minor scratches. New seats were installed two years ago. I will probably replace my carpet next year. I love my boat, and would rather repower, and not have a boat note myself
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 Skeeter Zx225
    2021 Yamaha 225 SHO
    Ultrex 112# w/ Ipilot
    Helix 12 Mega+SI
    Helix 9 Mega+ SI
    Helix 9 Mega+ DI
    Helix 9 Chirp/GPS
    Garmin 1222 w/ LSV32
    Ionic Lithium

Quote Originally Posted by SkidMark View Post
    I am keeping up with this post as I too have a 01 TR19. I am on the fence whether to repower or buy a new boat.
    If you like your boat, and it’s in good condition, repower. FYI shop around for the best deal. I repowered with a new Mercury ProXs 4Stroke 200L CMS with the MercMonitor Level 1 installed for less than $19k out the door.
    2021 Skeeter Zx225
    2021 Yamaha 225 SHO
    Ultrex 112# w/ Ipilot
    Helix 12 Mega+SI
    Helix 9 Mega+ SI
    Helix 9 Mega+ DI
    Helix 9 Chirp/GPS
    Garmin 1222 w/ LSV32
    Ionic Lithium

Where did you get your trailer? Mine trailer is ok ( a little rust), original, but a single axle. My boat is just ok in my eyes. I bought it used from down in Santee Cooper area so it had wear and tear already. It has a few small stress cracks. I have a passenger console to add to make the wife happy. All the livewell pumps I have replaced. I redid my carpet 6 yrs ago and needs it again. 20 oz carpet from bassboat carpet does not last and never use light color carpet....lesson learned. All the woodgrain coverings needs replacing. The bow panel could stand replacing. I had my seats reupholstered but would recover again to match the new carpet. All gauges needs replacing. I will redo the console dash when I do, losing the flasher and adding a GPS FF there. I want to upgrade the electronics. I have a Fortrex and would love a spot lock and 2 poles as well as a hydraulic jack plate to replace my 8" Z lock. The original 200 Merc EFI is running but that is about it. All in all....I am guessing, without the Ultrex and 2 poles and new trailer...I would be in for about 26k for new motor (if one can be found), redoing the carpet, woodgrain panels, replace all original wiring, update electronics. Just a guess but still alot of $$. Alot cheaper than a new boat for sure. Not sure if I could do all these things out of pocket without financing. I am sure a dealer could get the motor financed with a platinum warranty. I am in a catch 22 on this so now ya see my dilemma. I am not sure this boat will last me another 20 yrs and I am at the age I want to buy or possess my one last boat. If I buy a new one, I am leaning toward an Xpress X19 or X21 since I have no garage and can only cover it outside.

9. Member
    Got my trailer from Ameratrail in St Cloud Florida. A little pricey but well worth it. Nice trailer!

Quote Originally Posted by SkidMark View Post
    Where did you get your trailer? Mine trailer is ok ( a little rust), original, but a single axle. My boat is just ok in my eyes. I bought it used from down in Santee Cooper area so it had wear and tear already. It has a few small stress cracks. I have a passenger console to add to make the wife happy. All the livewell pumps I have replaced. I redid my carpet 6 yrs ago and needs it again. 20 oz carpet from bassboat carpet does not last and never use light color carpet....lesson learned. All the woodgrain coverings needs replacing. The bow panel could stand replacing. I had my seats reupholstered but would recover again to match the new carpet. All gauges needs replacing. I will redo the console dash when I do, losing the flasher and adding a GPS FF there. I want to upgrade the electronics. I have a Fortrex and would love a spot lock and 2 poles as well as a hydraulic jack plate to replace my 8" Z lock. The original 200 Merc EFI is running but that is about it. All in all....I am guessing, without the Ultrex and 2 poles and new trailer...I would be in for about 26k for new motor (if one can be found), redoing the carpet, woodgrain panels, replace all original wiring, update electronics. Just a guess but still alot of $$. Alot cheaper than a new boat for sure. Not sure if I could do all these things out of pocket without financing. I am sure a dealer could get the motor financed with a platinum warranty. I am in a catch 22 on this so now ya see my dilemma. I am not sure this boat will last me another 20 yrs and I am at the age I want to buy or possess my one last boat. If I buy a new one, I am leaning toward an Xpress X19 or X21 since I have no garage and can only cover it outside.
    I got mine from Tennessee Trailers. They built it plus sent a guy down to measure for welded bunks for $5000. They have stopped taking orders recently due to a short of steel, and backed up so much. I am very impressed with the trailer over the factory. As for the outboard, they probably won’t be found in stock, but one can be ordered. I ordered mine in late August with a ship date of 12/8. Hopefully it ships then
    2021 Skeeter Zx225
    2021 Yamaha 225 SHO
    Ultrex 112# w/ Ipilot
    Helix 12 Mega+SI
    Helix 9 Mega+ SI
    Helix 9 Mega+ DI
    Helix 9 Chirp/GPS
    Garmin 1222 w/ LSV32
    Ionic Lithium