Thread: Rigging Hose

South of Baton Rouge but North of Plaquemine, LA

Rigging Hose

Serial# 2B776226

Will this rigging connector work with the mercury rigging hose for the 175 Pro XS? Thanks.

2. Member
    Or this one?

3. Member
    Can someone give me the O.D. of the flange of the for the boat side rigging connector that comes with the Mercury hose kit 8M0149598?

My boat is not here or I would measure it.
    I do know the hose for my V-8 is smaller than the one for my old 300 2 stroke.

5. Member
    Yeah, I know the hose is 2” I.D. and 2.5” O.D. Figured that out now. Problem with the one I have listed is the flange is 5” O.D. and won’t work where my cables come through on my Allison XB2003. Guy who put my current one on used a subpar TH marine one that’s not threaded and the hose constantly unseats itself. I have a seastar pro pedal to install bc the motor still isn’t reaching 100% demand linear either with the older Hotfoot that’s in the boat now~so I’d like to get both in and only have to setup demand linear once. That’s why I’m seeking O.D. of the Mercury flange.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Replace with the correct MERCURY rigging hose kit/flange. When using the correct one, both ends of the tube will thread into their flange, and essentially eliminate the "unthreading" challenges.

This hose/flange is different from the ones used with previous Optimax model engines (more rigid wall tubing).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    I am thinking I will be using the Mercury kit. But before I do I still need verification of the O.D. of the flange for the boat side rigging connector that comes with the Mercury hose kit 8M0149598. Want to make sure it will work on my application before ordering.

8. Member
    Nevermind.. Local dealer had one in stock so I was able to measure one there and purchased. For future reference to others who may be looking for the dimension as well, it's 4 5/8" (4.625").

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Glad you got the measurement- sorry, I was hundreds of miles from the office.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    It’s all good Mr. Don. Appreciate all you’ve done for me and this forum. I know you’re going through some challenging times. Thanks again.