2018 RT 198 console graph

I currently have a Lowrance Hook2 9 flush mounted in the console that is giving me problems. I purchased a Helix 8 to replace it and I do not see any way to flush mount it due to size. It is quite a bit bigger. Anyone willing to share a picture of how their larger units are mounted on the console or either with a ram mount to the side of the console.

2. Member
    Ranger didn't give much room for graphs on the older 198p's. I just got my 2017 198p and I can't wait to upgrade my console lowrance graph that came with it to match my humminbirds up front. In the same situation as you where anything bigger than 7 inches doesn't fit well. When I do it, I will probably go with a mount from bass boat technologies or precision sonar. It's not a flush mount, but they have kits to move your gauges around and still have your graphs in front of you. I personally don't like my graphs off to the side on a ram mount.

3. Member
    I really do no like the graph to the side either. Not sure what I am going to do yet, but that may be my best option.

4. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Here is what I did. I had an old traffic damaged aluminum sign and cut it to size. Then painted it with wrinkle paint.
    then screwed it to the dash to cover the opening. Then attached a RAM mount. Questions, just ask.

Attachment 464387 Attachment 464388

Last edited by Pokie Pa; 09-10-2021 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Pictures
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

5. Member
    I like that. That will probably work fine for me. Thanks

I just replaced my 7" that came with the boat, with a HDS LIVE-7 and only had to make some minor cut-out modifications. But pulling the old transducer and pulling in the new transducer was a BITCH. I had to remove the helm from the deck as the cable routing holes did not align and there was no clearance to pull the connectors through.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

7. Member
    I have a Lowrance Carbon 12" flush mounted at the console of my 2021 RT198P fits just fine I like it

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyred View Post
    I have a Lowrance Carbon 12" flush mounted at the console of my 2021 RT198P fits just fine I like it
    The newer ones have a redesigned console for bigger graphs.