Falcon cara and ALX Ikos

Has anyone used the new caras? How are they?
    also, thoughts on the alx ikos promise 73
    thanks!

2. Member
    I've had my hands on the new Cara Head Turner and Amistad. The cork left a lot to be desired, but I figure that's due to 'covid' like everything else that's imported. They're a little heavier than the same models in the Expert line, and at the time, I wasn't super interested in making the permanent swap over. In hindsight, I probably would have swapped my Expert Head Turner and Christie Frog Rod over to the Cara line. That's a bit of a challenge now due to inventory issues though.

Also, the Ikos Promise is a pretty rad little rod. A friend uses the 73 for 'dragging', and he's really grown to like it for swingheads. Good value for what you're getting, but I don't think the ALX line really starts to sing until you get into the Zolo or Enox lineups. Alex from ALX is on the boards, so I am sure he can chime in with more intel.

I just picked up a Cara Heavy Cover Jig rod, balances well with a Daiwa Tatula about 1.5" from the front of the nut. Haven't fished with it yet, but I'm hoping its pretty sensitive and a solid option for heavier texas rigs that I throw.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kohl11 View Post
    Has anyone used the new caras? How are they?
    also, thoughts on the alx ikos promise 73
    thanks!
    Can't go wrong with anything in the ALX lineup.