Thread: The Tulsa Loop

The Tulsa Loop

I made the rounds this morning in search of a single bait that I am down to one of.
    So I started the same sporting goods store I looped for shotgun shells for dove season (except Sportworld).

Dick’s (it is close to home) Academy (41st) , Bass Pro Shop, Academy (81st) and finally Walmart 121st. All in search of a Chrome/Black Heddon’s Tiny Torpedo. Found some in frog, etc but very few, less than 10 altogether in all stores. Then at the last store Walmart, I found one that was misplaced on a rack behind some other lure. Bingo. Score.
    I had spent the earlier morning looking for them online at Discount Tackle, Tackle Warehouse, Cabela’s, Midway USA, and a couple of others Google suggested-all to no avail.
    Got to plan ahead for your favorites.

Found some skitter pops and pop-r’s in small sizes.
    We will see how the smallies like them tomorrow.
    Last edited by Bearetta; 09-08-2021 at 10:06 PM.

2. Member
    Been there, done that. Hey, at least if u break off it’ll float back up! I did what you did for Pop R (killing them on Grand). Lost one to a fish that never gave it back. Good luck. Luv creeks/smallies!

3. Member
    Wouldn’t you know the top water bite was off. Cool air chilled the water. Fish didn’t wake up till 10. Only caught a few including one feisty Kentucky bass that planted one of the two trebles of the Tiny Torpedo into my hand while he was still attached. Only fished single hook plastics after that! My friend caught a few on PopR’s, but plastics ruled the day.

4. Member
    I bet a ned rig would clean up!

5. Member
    Ned Rig, Canada Craw Z man did the trick for me. Tubes and craws for my buddy.

6. Member
    I fished the river a last month when there was a pretty good flow, ended up losing 3 whopper ploppers on exposed snags in the main river. Water was moving to fast to paddle back up and unhook them. Gets expensive after losing a handful of WP's