Trolling motor tray location

Why are ppl putting the tray way far forward now days ? I don’t understand the reasoning

2. Member
    To get it further away from the seat post I believe. Mine is 6” from the front edge of the carpet. I never use the front seat unless it’s a week long trip so I don’t notice it being to close like it is.

I'm so short legged I will need it close to the seat post. I have had several BassCats and the inset is way up front. I'm gonna install mine as close to the front as I can. Simply because it fits my style of fishing.

98 Bullet 20XD
    225 Pro Max

4. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatlildave View Post
    I'm so short legged I will need it close to the seat post. I have had several BassCats and the inset is way up front. I'm gonna install mine as close to the front as I can. Simply because it fits my style of fishing.
    I never liked how far Basscat had the recess until I owned one. If you like to flip and pitch to me its perfect.

5. Member

Troll pan

Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    Why are ppl putting the tray way far forward now days ? I don’t understand the reasoning
    I installed one years ago on my Bullet 20-cc , Bullet has a blue print on where to put it. There are floor supports underneath that you don’t want to cut. Underneath is covered with floatation foam can’t see um.