Charger 195 TF's

Hello All,

Looking for a new to me (but used) boat and keep coming across the Charger 195s.

Are there some model years to look at/not look at? Any generational changes? Anything in specific to look at/for besides the standard boat inspection items?

How long of rods fit?

Wish I could find a catalog for the older stuff, say 1994. No luck so far.

Looking at one potential one is a 1994 with a 200 Mariner Magnum EFI on it but its a 3 hour drive and want to be prepared with "charger knowledge". Few others near me are 1996,1998. Based on reviews seems to be an affordable rough water ride boat (I fish Rayburn, Palestine, Fork, Athens, Tyler) in East Texas.

Appreciate your input.

My brother has a 195 that he has had since sometime in the 90’s. It is still a solid boat and it has a great rough water ride.
    The one thing he just had an issue with is the plastic part of the dash got brittle and started braking. That would be one thing to look for. There was no new or used ones to be found. He found a great guy who was able to fix it for him using some type of liquid plastic I think.

Brother’s 195 is what got me wanting a charger. You would be happy with one for sure.
    Last edited by Pro-Hunt; 09-11-2021 at 01:11 PM.
    Charger 210 Elite

3. Member
    I have a 1989 Charger 195. I have had it for 13 years. It is a GREAT boat. I have no complaints.. Would I like a newer one? Maybe, but no need for it.

4. Member
    Good feedback, thanks!