Been out of the game

Hey guys,
    I have been out of the new boat game awhile. I have owned my Tr21 for 15yrs plus. When did Triton become known as a sub par boat? Seems like I went to several dealers lately and now they seem to snicker when I inquire about the newer Triton. Heck I watched every review on Team marine and that guy seems to have serious dislike for Triton?? When did things change?

2. Member
    I think 2014ish when J. Morris bought triton.
    I would just redo your tr21. It cheaper to repower and up date than to buy new. Jmo.

3. Member
    I am really happy with mine. I looked at a lot of boats before deciding to get the Triton. I had a small issue with the windshield. But, the dealer called me to schedule getting it replaced before I called them. It’s been fixed now and it was only a minor issue.
    Dave
    2021 Triton 18TRX, Mercury 200 ProXS-4s
    Lowrance Elite FS, w/ Active Target
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA SI G4N
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA DI G4N

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwtriton View Post
    Hey guys,
    I have been out of the new boat game awhile. I have owned my Tr21 for 15yrs plus. When did Triton become known as a sub par boat? Seems like I went to several dealers lately and now they seem to snicker when I inquire about the newer Triton. Heck I watched every review on Team marine and that guy seems to have serious dislike for Triton?? When did things change?
    try the lounge for more responses

I like my 2006 Triton and plan on keeping it forever if I can!!

To the OP, if you like your Triton, keep it and drive it like you stole it!
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

6. Member
    My 2019 has been great. No complaints at all.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

7. Member
    Really like my 97 tr21 with 2018 225 pro xs. New ultrex, 10' talons, hds 9s, hydraulic jackplate. I've completely redone the boat new carpet. And this is just me but I wouldn't trade it for a new triton.

My 2001 TR19 with the original 200 Merc EFI....once on plane keeps up with most hot rods out there. With a new 4s 200 it would be something. 20 yrs old so it shows but still goes where and when I need it.

9. Member
    Very pleased with mine as well!

10. Member
    I saw a new 21 Foot Triton at my local Tracker Marine/BPS a couple months ago and I couldn't take my eyes off it. It was perhaps the most quality looking set-up I've seen this year.

And really, with all bass boats brands out today, we can all find something to "snicker" about. It comes down to preference IMO, as all brands seem to be decently built and designed now.

One more thing, the hottest bass angler on the planet rolls a Triton.

My biggest boating regret is selling my 2008 TR-196. I wish I had it back.