Need some info on fishing in MI

Thinking about making my last smallie trip to MI, my old stomping grounds

I know I need the following

NON RESD License
    A so called pass book when I get it

But I also hear you need some kind of permit for the boat, or a tag to launch

What say yall
    SAL 544
    13.11 lbs
    Lake Fork TX
    2/19/13

2. Member
    You can buy a Dnr passport for $34 online or pay $9 per day when you're here. If your going to be here for more than 3 days then buy the yearly pass. I will say that during the fall, the booths usually are not manned during the week. When are you planning on coming up and for how many days?

3. Member
    I think it was 2 years ago they switched to require a recreation passport at every Michigan launch. 75% of lakes don't have a manned booth, so it's just an honor system that you buy the pass.

That being said, buy the year pass, it's your fee for coming to poke my fish!!!! Bring your warm clothes too, it's already cooling quick up here!

There are DNR launches and metro park launches . Harley is DNR and Metro beach is a a metro park launch
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

5. dartag1829
    At any Metro you have to buy a vehicle and boat sticker. Very expensive. They do give senior discounts. Probably best to stick with the DNR ramps.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    You can buy a Dnr passport for $34 online or pay $9 per day when you're here. If your going to be here for more than 3 days then buy the yearly pass. I will say that during the fall, the booths usually are not manned during the week. When are you planning on coming up and for how many days?
    Thanks, the passport is for DNR sites only or all. Will be there end of Sept or early Oct and will be launching out of state park and County Park
    SAL 544
    13.11 lbs
    Lake Fork TX
    2/19/13

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by School Master View Post
    I think it was 2 years ago they switched to require a recreation passport at every Michigan launch. 75% of lakes don't have a manned booth, so it's just an honor system that you buy the pass.

That being said, buy the year pass, it's your fee for coming to poke my fish!!!! Bring your warm clothes too, it's already cooling quick up here!
    I ant going that far north and since I am from MI I know it gets cold. IT does down here in TX sometimes. If you ever want to catch some BIG FISH come down here to Lake Fork. I wont charge you to catch em here
    SAL 544
    13.11 lbs
    Lake Fork TX
    2/19/13

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL man View Post
    Thanks, the passport is for DNR sites only or all. Will be there end of Sept or early Oct and will be launching out of state park and County Park
    Passport is for all dnr launches and state parks.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL man View Post
    I ant going that far north and since I am from MI I know it gets cold. IT does down here in TX sometimes. If you ever want to catch some BIG FISH come down here to Lake Fork. I wont charge you to catch em here
    HAHA! Sounds like a deal!

My buddy has been trying to get me down there for a couple years honestly. Maybe this is my year!

Are you going out of Algonac??

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by opaleski View Post
    Are you going out of Algonac??
    No I am going to hit up some of my favorite ones in southern MI , Gunn , Gull, and a couple more
    SAL 544
    13.11 lbs
    Lake Fork TX
    2/19/13

12. Member
    Gun will need DNR tag for State Park. County Park is $3 to launch and $3 to pull (automated system) but gate might be pulled by then making it free. Gull will be a $10 launch fee (Township Park)