Banned

Motor Guide Tour Pro Recall

I know some of you have been having this problem. Got this in the mail today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I got one too. I get that there will things like this that pop up, but they had a LONG time to figure these bugs out before they released it. I just hope I can get a shop to replace the control board while I wait. My closest place to fix it is 60 miles away.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yj99t04 View Post
    I got one too. I get that there will things like this that pop up, but they had a LONG time to figure these bugs out before they released it. I just hope I can get a shop to replace the control board while I wait. My closest place to fix it is 60 miles away.
    Best bet is to work with your service center on scheduling to have it done while you wait.

The smart thing would have been to make the control board programmable. If it's just a software update that should be end user serviceable. Huge fail on not putting a USB port on it somewhere.

4. Banned
    Received notice today. I haven't had any issues with Anchor Lock, knock on wood. Luckily my Mercury Service Center is also a MG Premiere Service provider but it pisses me off that you have to either take your whole rig in or uninstall the trolling motor and, in my case, Active Target, HDI transducer and Hydrowave. Think I'll wait awhile to see how it goes for others.

5. Member
    Not gotten that yet. Any chance it's only a certain batch?

Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post

It's by serial number so if yours is affected you'll get notice if you've registered the motor on Motorguides site.

Tom

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    If you registered your motor and it's affected you'll get the letter. It clearly states up to 6 weeks for them to get new boards available.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yj99t04 View Post
    At least they are having a recall, compared to all i read about ultrex problems that have never been resolved, I'd say they are doing the right thing

My tournament partner got the letter but I haven't got mine yet. We bought our trolling motors the same time and we've both had issues since day 1. He's already had his board replaced under warranty once and it still has the crazy seizures in anchor mode. Hopefully the new board will fix all of our issues.

10. Banned
    I'm in no rush to get the recall done as my troller has been working perfectly. Figure at least someone else more in need of it can get in line sooner. We're still a good month or so out from them having the parts to do the recall.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    I'm in no rush to get the recall done as my troller has been working perfectly. Figure at least someone else more in need of it can get in line sooner. We're still a good month or so out from them having the parts to do the recall.
    Yeah, my spot lock is so smooth I do not want to touch anything.

12. Member
    I got the letter. I also had my board replaced a month back. Anchor Mode has been fine since my board replacement, but I doubt my replacement board had whatever new software is needed to resolve the recall. My TP did not misbehave when new until maybe 8-10 trips, then it misbehaved every trip after the first instance.

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

13. Banned
    Anyone scheduled for the recall?

Nothing yet. They said the new boards should be available in 6 weeks after we got the letter, but I’m worried Motorguide is using the same calendar they used for the trolling motor release. We will probably see the Power Pole trolling motor before the board is available.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS