Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lund 1875 Pro V Bass Ride

Hey I have read alot about the 2075, but less about those whom have the 1875. Last yr with my Triton, kids have really taken to fishing, so I need the extra space the 1875XS can offer for seating and versatility. How are guys like the 1875, I love the jump seats they should work perfect for the kids, prolly not as comfortable for adults. What is everyone experience with the 1875 Pro V Bass, how is the ride. I fish Champlain a lot so curious how it rides. I have read great things about the 2075, and watched videos of the 1875, just curious real world reviews.

2. Member
    I just got a used PVB 1875 last week so I don't have much time in it yet however I was able to take it out this weekend. There were boats everywhere as to be expected on the holiday weekend, the lake was rough with 10-15mph winds and all the boat traffic. I was able to run comfortably at 30-40mph depending on the severity of the waves. With the boat traffic the waves were very random in places. The boat has a very solid feel to it, stable and very good handling. It's not a completly dry ride due to the way the front cuts the waves but it wasn't bad at all, just some mist on a few occasions. The jump seats in the back have more room that I was expecting and the boat overall has a tremendous amount of storage, honestly it's probably overkill. I like it so far, but like I said very limited useage. Hope this helps.

3. Member

Not me but hope this helps. This guy fishes some rough waters in Michigan and loves his 1875.

4. Member
    Yeah I have watched that for sure, I am pretty certain that the 1875 Pro V Bass rides better than most bass boats much bigger than it is. The lake I am on the most, which we have a place on has a ton of wake boats, always fun cruising along in my bass boat and getting a rogue wake.

5. Member
    I went from an 18 ft deep V glass boat to the PVB 1875 and I think the ride is way better on the PVB. I have actually been surprised by how good the ride has been. I've had it on Mille Lacs and Lake of the Woods in pretty big waves and it handled them very well. Overall the boat has exceeded my expectations over the past two years. It's great to fish out of, great storage, great hole shot with the 200, and the jump seats are great for kids and ok for adults.

6. Member
    Not the same length, but I also went from a fiberglass Deep V Walleye Boat (Skeeter WX1910) to a Lund 2075 Pro V Bass and the Lund has a smoother ride. So, if the Lund has a smoother ride than a deep v fiberglass walleye boat it is going to have a WAY smoother ride than any fiberglass Bass Boat.

7. Member
    Thats pretty impressive that the 1875 is a better ride than a Deep V glass boat. I would imagine the 2075 is just an absolute monster. UNofrtunately not getting that in the garage, and would need to put in extra driveway or a carport. Do you think the 1875 has enough room for 3-4 people, not on a regular basis (one adult and two kids is probably more than regular).

8. Member
    I'm still waiting for delivery of mine. Another great spot to learn more about the 1875 is the facebook group (Lund Pro-V Bass owners). Enjoy!

9. Member
    It's ok to fish 3. The front deck is big enough to have two guys fish up front. Typical walleye fishing (drift, troll, jig) is just fine with 3.

Watching the guys heads in the video and they are not moving much. To me that would indicate a very good ride in those conditions.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

11. Member
    I came out of a ranger fisherman and now own a 1875 Pro V Bass, I can honestly say the ride is just as good if not alittle bit better than my ranger. I absolutely love this rig.
    "We all have it commin kid....." Will Munny

12. Member
    Wow! Thats great to hear!

13. Member
    The 1875 is really where the PVB shines. It will handle big water like other 21 foot boats, maybe with a softer (but not dryer) ride. No bass boat in the 18.5 foot class will handle water this thing will, without spearing. With a 200, it will run close to 60, which is what a comparable Ranger or Phoenix will run with a 150. It displaces a lot more water, and it takes more to push it. Storage vs. every other 18.5 foot boat out there - not even remotely close.

The 2075 is all of that, on steroids. But in the category of the 1875, it is entirely unique.

14. Member
    Do you guys notice much of a difference in how the boat behaves with the TM down and in wind? I know the boat sits up a bit higher than a traditional bass boat, so wasnt sure if the higher freeboards impacted its ability to hold in place. BUT I guess if you have an ultrex or ghost on there its not much of an issue regardless. HAHA. Originally I was leaning towards the 2075, I mean with a growing family the size is really nice to have. BUT I think it might be overkill for what I need. Sure the 1875 with the XS seating will set up great with two little kids and their dad on a Saturday or a solo trip to the river. Then when I wanna hit northern champlain I will have that added safety I wouldnt feel in a 18 foot bass boat.

15. Member
    The Pro V Bass tracks nicely with the trolling motor in the water. I don’t notice any real difference coming from a 20 ft. fiberglass boat.

16. Member
    The ride is great. Some one can own mine for 50K firm. White hull
    14.5 engine hrs. Quitting due to health/age(74). LDS

IT'S SOLD. LDS
    Last edited by Great Scott; 11-03-2021 at 10:27 AM.
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

17. Member
    Sorry to hear about the health issues Larry! Hope you are on the mend soon my man.

18. Member
    I did notice that mine does get blown around alittle more in the wind while I'm on the trolling motor. Also as some have said it can be kind of a wet ride if its really windy. I have very little negative things to say about this boat. If you have the money to get the 20fter then by all means do it! Only reason I didn't is because my storage shed was too small. Feel free to PM me if you have anymore questions.
    "We all have it commin kid....." Will Munny

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Scott View Post
    The ride is great. Some one can own mine for 50K firm. White hull
    12.5 engine hrs. Quitting due to health.
    Very sorry to hear of your health issues Mr Scott....your advice regarding your V18 helped me with my boat. Thank you and I hope you are feeling better....🙏

20. Member
    I’m a little late to the thread, but I’m coming up on 2 years in my 1875 PVB. I love it. It fits in my garage, it’s very easy to trailer and launch and load. I agree with other comments, great ride overall, amazing storage, and very fishable. I’m running top speed of 56 mph with full fuel tank, lots of gear, and 200 HP four stroke Mercury. I have a 24V Ultrex (45” shaft), but it’s a little under-powered, so I would recommend going with the 36V. I’m down south, and you may want to go with the longer shaft length if you’re fishing a lot of rough water. I’ve had three 20’ glass bass boats previously (Phoenix, Ranger), and I’m just as confident in the Lund ride in big waves. The ride can get wet when you’re attacking the wind at 45° angle. It’s a great boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast