Thread: Carry gun

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Carry gun

These threads pop up all the time and I’m not going to lie, I don’t carry a firearm on me often but have one in my vehicle and occasionally on me as so feel needed. I’m a full size to mid frame handgun guy, I have large hands and the sub-compact to compact firearms out there today just haven’t appealed to me plus I don’t care for the grip safety concept on some. I mainly focus on the European 9mm being HK, Steyer, Stoeger, Glock….etc. Few weeks ago I had an incident on some property I’m purchasing, very rural area with some old homesteads on it, long story short I wondered into a meth making operation and wasn’t armed, called the authorities and it was taken care of but since then I’ve been looking for a streamed lined 9mm that does it all. Looked at a few Sigs, S&W, Springfields and HK, ended up buying a Glock 43x MOS and have ordered a Holosun 507k plus a TLR-6 light to go with it, should be a pretty nice setup

14FAE9DA-6B5D-4D80-9DA4-5EA07218BE53.jpeg

Nice carry gun. get yourself a few shield arms mags and make it great!

3. Member
    Good choice. I prefer and carry a Shield 9mm and Glock 48 (not at the same time). The 43X should serve you well.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

4. Member
    There are a lot of goos guns on the market. More important than the firearms itself is making sure that you have it with you. A good belt and a holster that you find to work well for you is a harder and more important question to answer.

5. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    My son in law just bought that same gun..feels great but I haven’t fired it yet.

Dale Sinclair original

Meth in rural southern Indiana...no way!

Very nice. And as mentioned above... it doesn't matter what kind of gun you have if you don't have it on you.

I love my Shield 9mm and have it as a designated truck gun and carry it when wearing heavier clothes. DUring the warmer season I'm usually wearing a tucked in shirt for work so I carry a S&W Bodyguard 380 because I can keep in in my pocket.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Glock 43X is a nice gun, I just shot one a few days ago for the first time. For some reason I didn’t like the trigger but the gun felt good in my hands. I just bought a Sig 229 Legion and have put a couple hundred rounds through it and really like it.

My wife bought a CZ P-01 75 this afternoon and I’m impressed with that gun from handling it and looking at some reviews. It wasn’t even a serious consideration but we looked at it again after she decided she might like to start out with something a little bigger than the Sig 365 or S&W Shield EZ. She was shooting a little better with a larger gun so felt mote comfortable with one. There are some great choices on guns for sure. I’m wanting a Staccato really bad. I rented one today and it’s on my list to buy.

I prefer a CZ P07 to carry. Walther PDP for the nightstand with a light/laser.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

10. Member
    Can’t go wrong with a glock. Reliable firearms.

Sig P938 for EDC

Glock 22 with 16 round mags on the nightstand

I like the S&W Shield M2.0 in a 9mm
    Dawnpatrol.
    Goin Fishing be home for Hunting Season !!!!!!!!!

13. Member
    A Kahr CW9 in the summer,and a Sig 229 in winter.

Great choice

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    Meth in rural southern Indiana...no way!
    Amazing ain't it?

The only time I don't carry is when I'm in the shower or in bed but EDC is one thing and being out and about on one of my properties is quite another and much for the possibilities the OP mentions. There's an old reference to the fact that a handgun is merely to help you get to your long gun and that reference is based in both fact and necessity. My Sig 938s make for easy concealment in a public setting but on one of my properties either a 1911 or M&P 45c are a minimum and they are not concealed. A long gun is either locked in the side x side or slung across my shoulder.

Also keep in mind that without proper practice and maintenance any of them can be more of a hindrance than a help. Much of the property I own is used for this purpose which results in my having fewer issues with trespassers of all kinds than my neighbors.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Syko View Post
    Amazing ain't it?

The only time I don't carry is when I'm in the shower or in bed but EDC is one thing and being out and about on one of my properties is quite another and much for the possibilities the OP mentions. There's an old reference to the fact that a handgun is merely to help you get to your long gun and that reference is based in both fact and necessity. My Sig 938s make for easy concealment in a public setting but on one of my properties either a 1911 or M&P 45c are a minimum and they are not concealed. A long gun is either locked in the side x side or slung across my shoulder.

Also keep in mind that without proper practice and maintenance any of them can be more of a hindrance than a help. Much of the property I own is used for this purpose which results in my having fewer issues with trespassers of all kinds than my neighbors.
    is there any big deer on your property? I will be glad to come and ran your property during deer season to keep the trespassers off the property.

I carry a 9mm Shield, it isn’t a bad gun. The FNS is a much better weapon. I really don’t need another gun, but I would like to buy a FNS.

18. Member
    PMR30 is a fun gun to play with. Green lazer and 30 rounds in each mag. Would be a fun TWD Meth Edition gun.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rulebender View Post
    Sig P938 for EDC
    Sig 938 here also for CC, just don’t like the feel of plastic guns.
    2018 AlumaCraft Competitor 185cs, 2018 Yamaha F150XB w/2019 Yamaha T9.9 kicker w/Trollsmarter
    Heritage Custom Trailer w/Torsion axle / Vault Hubs & 4 step Trick Step
    Terrova 80# 24v I-Pilot, GARMIN 126sv
    Towed by: 2018 Chevy Colorado V6 Crew Cab 4x4 Long bed or 2016 Winnebago 38Q

20. Member
    Love my Glocks (I have a lot). The 43X and 48 are great carry weapons.

Best thing you can do for them cheaply is put in Taran Tactical trigger kits.

https://tarantacticalinnovations.com...imline-glocks/

Best $44.99 you can spend on a Glock. Best trigger kits available, in my opinion, and I have tried them all. They are all I use now, even on my very tricked out Glock 34 for 3-gun competition.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast