Garmin customer service

Thinking about going with Garmin. Right now, I run Humminbird. I was wondering how Garmin is when you have an issue with their units. Humminbird will fix or replace. Lowrance won't fix but will sell you a refurbished unit. What will Garmin do?
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    I don't have an answer to your specific question but I switched to Garmin last winter and my experience with their technical support has been great.
    GETFISHED !!!

I have had a multitude of Garmin products over the years and have found them to be very helpful and quick to take care of an issue
    I also have owned several HB graphs
    On another note once you make the change you won’t have to contact customer support nearly as much with Garmin’s but when you do you should find them as good if not better than HB CS
    "The handicapped angler"

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    I have had a multitude of Garmin products over the years and have found them to be very helpful and quick to take care of an issue
    I also have owned several HB graphs
    On another note once you make the change you won’t have to contact customer support nearly as much with Garmin’s but when you do you should find them as good if not better than HB CS
    Thanks, that what I was hoping to hear. I have a few Garmin products such as GPS units and dash cams, never had an issue with either!
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Some may have issues id say its low.....personally I have not had any issues with anything other than a GT54 transducer and it was replaced under warranty with not problems. My experience with Garmin CS and their products were 100% better than Lowrance.

Might call Garmin or someone can correct me but I dont think they repair the products either.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    I had a switch issue and they sent a new one not refurbished one if that helps
    Risen From The Ashes!!

7. Banned
    I've had issues with two LS units and one 8612. With the second LS they sent me refurbished and replaced it with new after I complained. The 8612 they sent a refurb also but since Mega live is on the way I'm just going to keep it.

In both cases it was handled by a certified Garmin installer which paid for my trip to his shop and what he charged me to switch them out. My 8612 was out of the warranty period and it would not have been covered under warranty if he hadn't done the install.

I have had one issue with an HB unit in about 10 years and it was handled with no issues. They return the units much faster than Garmin did and in most cases you get the original repaired unit back. I would have much preferred to have had my original 8612 back with a repair.

8. Member
    I accidentally chopped a wire on my LVS32 one day reef fishing in nasty conditions. Called told the rep what happened & also mentioned I had been getting the ghost tree after prior update & Garmin sent me a brand new LVS32. This was about a year and a half ago. Your experience may vary, but no complaints here......

9. Member
    I recently had a problem with an echo map. They took care of it right away. I was happy. I have always had Lowrance and depending on issue it was hit or miss. I switched over when they said my unit was outdated and would not repair. I dont remember how old it actually was but I was a little surprised

10. Member
    I had a problem with a nearly new 106 on SI and DI. Turned out to be the cradle. Sent me a new on, got it in 2 days. Very happy.

Lets see here! I’ve had to 93sv cradles replaced. Force footpedal replaced and then the entire TM minus the mount. I’ve spent hours on the phone with tech support in the process of trying to figure out the above problems, re booting, re setting and re calibrating systems etc. Best customer service in the business.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,