Setting waypoints with Active Target.

Is it possible to create a waypoint from Active Image? I want to drop a waypoint on a rock pile or brush pile in Forward view. Currently the waypoint is dropped at the location of the head unit.

2. Member
    I do. Just touch the screen on the rock pile or brush and hit the waypoint button twice. The waypoint is created.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    225 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS (# 2B591262)
    MinnKota Ultrex trolling motor
    Lowrance HDS Carbons

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Fish View Post
    I do. Just touch the screen on the rock pile or brush and hit the waypoint button twice. The waypoint is created.
    That's what I thought. My son was on the front of the boat this weekend and when he did what you described the waypoint was set at the boat. Any idea?

4. Member
    Are you using a point one or the head unit for gps? It may make a difference. I put the cursor on the brush and that is where the mark is. Same as side imagining.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    Lowrance HDS Carbons

5. Member
    Are you using a point one or the head unit for gps? It may make a difference. I put the cursor on the brush and that is where the mark is. Same as side imagining.
    I have a point 1 but am not using it as the gps source for the bow unit. The Point 1 is on the back of the boat over the 2n1 transducer and is the source for the console unit.

6. Member
    Even if you zoom in on the map it still shows the icon at the boat. I'm out of ideas. Sorry
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    Lowrance HDS Carbons

7. Member
    Even if you zoom in on the map it still shows the icon at the boat. I'm out of ideas. Sorry
    Thanks for your help. It's a new boat and we have only had 1 weekend to play with it. We will try again this weekend and see what is going on.

8. Member
    I just talked to Lowrance and they say you cannot set a waypoint using Active Target....Is this true???

9. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I have the same experience - I set my cursor on location on the AT screen. Hit waypoint and it sets it right at the boat. So I'm thinking Lowrance is right. HA HA

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    I have the same experience - I set my cursor on location on the AT screen. Hit waypoint and it sets it right at the boat. So I'm thinking Lowrance is right. HA HA
    Lowrance is wrong, you can set a waypoint from AT. I asked about this in another forum and found the answer. I will need to try it again from the boat tomorrow but I did get this work. I just do not remember the steps at the moment.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thebradybunch View Post
    Lowrance is wrong, you can set a waypoint from AT. I asked about this in another forum and found the answer. I will need to try it again from the boat tomorrow but I did get this work. I just do not remember the steps at the moment.
    I checked with my son, he has a better memory than I do. The issue is you set the waypoint different than in Sidescan. With AT I have not been able to use the waypoint button on the graph. I select the location on AT and then add the waypoint from the menu not by double clicking the Waypoint button. I will be on the water tomorrow and will confirm the steps for you.

12. Member
    Good. Cant wait to hear how to do it!!

13. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Yes I want to learn. My current process is "x" the spot on the screen and then hit the waypoint button, name it, and save. Then it marks directly under the from of the boat.

14. Member
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

15. Member
    You most defiantly can set a waypoint on the AT Screen. When I see a tree full of crappie I put the cursor on the base of the tree and hit waypoint have gone back to many trees from those waypoints many times and they are right on. You can do this on any Sonar Screen or SS Screen no issues at all. When you put the curson on the chart it is never accurate on offshore structure it will always be way off as the zoom on the chart is never the same as on the sonar. If you want accurate getting back to structure save your waypoint on sonar screens period.

16. Member
    I fished today and I was right, you can set a waypoint from AT but you have to do it different if you want it to be accurate and not the location of the boat. Click on AT where you want the waypoint, do not click the waypoint button on the graph. Instead click Menu and then New Waypoint. From there pick the icon and name the point and click Save. That will set the waypoint exactly where you place the X on your AT screen.

17. Banned
    Good info, thanks.

18. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Thanks I'll try it!

19. Member
    Following, I had same prob

20. Member
    thebradybunch is correct

ActiveTarget Waypoint at Cursor Location

When creating a new “Cursor Location” waypoint on the Active Target panel, the waypoint will only save at the Cursor Location if I use the on-screen [touch] “New Waypoint” selection. If I use the keypad waypoint button, the “New Waypoint” saves at the vessel location.
    This is intended behavior. The keypad button will save the waypoint at the vessel location, regardless if the cursor is active and marking a location to save the “New Waypoint”. The only way to save the waypoint at the Cursor Location is to save the “New Waypoint” via the on-screen [touch] menu bar.