1989 Stratos 279V top off floor, transom, stringers

I bought a 89 stratos few weeks ago. I bought it for the 150 xp outboard(I have a 150 xp on my procraft). I have since decided I'm going to try to pull the top off and repair what's needed. I've never worked on any type of boat before. I work on my own vehicles and equipment, so I figure I should be able to figure it out. I should have made a post before I started but I just got the top off today. Looks like it is going to possibly need a transom and new floor at minimum. I'm going to try to post my progress as I go. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions that you guys and gals can hopefully help me out with. I've never worked with fiberglass before. So I'll need some help with the materials I will need. I'll post pics of where I'm at now and maybe you guys can point me in the right direction for what's next. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    There is standing water where I took the foam out. It was water logged. Worse towards the rear. Started to get drier the further I got from the rear of the boat

3. Member
    Looks like a goo start the float boxes on either side of the transom look like they could use some help

Great job so far!
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

5. Member
    I will watch closely I have 1988 same model. Looking to pull cap over the winter and go over. No stress crack but rear tie down have come loose. Want to investigate.

6. Member
    Sorry I've been super busy with work and the family. I have managed to squeeze in some time here and there to work on the boat. I got floor removed, all foam out, stringers all removed in 1 peice, and the main section of transom out in 1 peice. Now I am having a hard time trying to figure out how I'm going to get the last peice of transom wood out. Any advice would be appreciated! I have lots of pictures also if anyone is interested I. Seeing more or specific parts of project

When doing mine, the dremel tool became my best friend.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175