Question Vexus 1880 and 1980

I’ve been looking at these two models and have a few questions.
    Do the front compartments (rod locker/storage)stay dry? Any issues with condensation inside the compartments? Is the sea deck or the poly flooring worth the cost? Any help would be appreciated.

I can’t seem to get water in mine even with the hose running on top of them. I imagine if your in a high humidity area you will get condensation.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    Had some water in my port side compartment after a hard rain. Center and starboard dry. Glove box and step compartments, soaked. Removed the glove box today to investigate and there are drain holes drilled in the back of it. I will look into the new fiberglass glove box next week.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

4. Member
    Water seems to get inside my front starboard locker since I can find the carpet wet all the way underneath the console area. I think water is getting in from the side.

Also, all my lids will get condensation, except my rear starboard compartment. 1st year, I left my rods in the locker during winter. Spring, they were nice and fuzzy. So now I empty it out when I'm done for the hibernation.

This is in the PNW, with just a cover on.

5. Member
    I have no issues with water in my compartments. I've even moored my boat overnight during a rain storm and they were still dry. Now...I did fish in the rain and put my rods and life jackets away wet, and they got mildew on them. My fault, I should have opened everything up and dried it as soon as I got home. But I waited until the next week. I do store the boat in my garage, not outside.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

6. Member
    All of my compartments stay dry except the step/storage compartment. Since I live in a hot/humid environment, condensation is an issue. Some sort of ventilation system would be helpful.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

I periodically get condensation in the front boxes. I have updated my coin box to the new style and haven’t had it leak yet but haven’t been in a driving rain. I would imagine it would leak through the drain holes in the cup holders though. That could be fixed with a plug/cap. I can’t say about the step because I had mine built without one.

I have the poly deck and absolutely love it.

8. Member
    I have a 2019 1980. The compartments do not stay dry at all. I've been working to try and make them dry, but as of yet, I've not solved the problem.

The first thing I did was seal the rubber gasket around each compartment, where the gasket hits the aluminum deck. I thought maybe the water was getting under the gasket. That seemed to help a little, so a little water must have been coming from there....but the problem was not solved.

The next thing I've done is remove two of the compartments' locks. When I took them off, I found that the rubber gasket was placed on-top of the carpet, under the lock housing. I pulled up the perko directions for installation, and they say specifically not to do this. I think a solution would be to purchase a new set of rubber gaskets and apply one to both the top and the bottom.....and perhaps apply silicon to the one on the inside of the locker lid...but I have not gotten around to doing this yet.

All I can tell you is, after a rain and/or after washing the boat, the bottom carpet of the compartments is wet. I've had the boat a year and haven't solved this yet. Any help would be appreciated. Otherwise, I really like the boat. If I could solve this issue, I'd have no further complaints.