Trailer question!

Well, After shoulder surgery and still mending. I decided to try a couple of the Hydraulic dolly lifts on the front axle.
    Trying to make the boat turn a little easier on my warehouse floor. (19 FX 21 LE) Uh, not so fast,
    it seemed the brakes came on. Anybody have a answer? I haven't tried the dollies on the back tires yet.
    What would activate the brakes when lifting the front tires of the dual axle?

2. Member
    you should have a little rounded on one end an square on the other in your bag that came with the boat behind the hitch there is a slot for it put it in there with some tape to hold it an it will keep your hitch from sliding in an activating your brakes.

3. Member
    Thanks SSmith, I don't think the hitch is moving at all. I know what your talking about,
    I found that out the hard way, I wasn't hooking up lights and the brakes would lock up
    when I tried to back up. This was just pushing on it, it was froze like the brakes were on.
    Can you activate that safety feature from just jacking up a tire?

4. Member
    if you are hooked to a vehicle when you put it in reverse it activates a solenoid that releases brakes without it being hooked to a truck to back it up you need to have the lockout in it.

5. Member
    Yes Sir, I will try that!

Thanks again!

6. Member
    Success! I put the dollies on the rear axle and it worked great.
    Much easier to move and turn. I like it!