Help finding replacement windshield

I just acquired a 1979 Ranger 198 bass boat. It has no windshield but after searching online I found a picture of it. Any help of where to buy one would be appreciated.Ranger windshield.jpg

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    After a quick Google search, it looks like calling Great Lakes Skipper or UPD Plastics [aftermarket replacements] would be your best bet. C&O Marine is another source for replacement windshields, but I don’t see anything like yours on their web site.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Thanks I'll check them out

4. Member
    Custom Mold and Trim made all the orignal windshields and they still have the original molds. We bought an identical OEM replacement for out '93 Commanche http://getaboatwindshield.com/
    Billy Reynolds
    1993 Ranger 361V Comanche, 175 Johnson Faststrike

5. Member
    From CM&T regarding a windshield for mine:
    "We should be able to do this but we don't have any of the information that can help us cross reference which windshield would go on which boat and we don't keep any in stock. We make our windshields from the original molds, therefore we ask that you either send in a windshield (even if it is broken) to match with our molds or you send a template of the windshield to match up with our molds. A template is a tracing of the bottom shape and size of the windshield. If you don't have a windshield this tracing can be done from the top area of the console where the windshield would attach. If you are only sending a template you will need to either email a picture of the windshield or the console or mail those pictures with the template and include a note with the template telling us you have already sent pictures and include the email address they were sent from. Prices on most standard sized windshields are around $110-$140 ea plus shipping. Please note that shipping cost is based on box dimensions and the destination zip code and this cost is solely determined by the carrier. Standard sized windshields usually ship for between $30-$45 depending on zip code/ box size and carrier. Our lead time is around 3-4 weeks. Once we have identified your windshield we will contact you with the total price and you can send the payment at that time. If you have more questions our website is very detailed and even offers a tutorial of how to make a template. www.getaboatwindshield.comWe supply the hardware, and the shipping is going depend on the size of the box and the zip code combined."

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdadguy View Post
    I just acquired a 1979 Ranger 198 bass boat. It has no windshield but after searching online I found a picture of it. Any help of where to buy one would be appreciated.Ranger windshield.jpg
    Did you find the windshield you needed for your boat? I know this was from September but we have the sale going on and I was checking on the post that I did for it and it brought up all kinds of post for windshields.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    After a quick Google search, it looks like calling Great Lakes Skipper or UPD Plastics [aftermarket replacements] would be your best bet. C&O Marine is another source for replacement windshields, but I don’t see anything like yours on their web site.
    FYI: Our web site got shut down on us yet again and it has been in the process of being rebuilt. So a lot of stuff isn't on there now. Anyone is welcome to pm me or email me if they can't find what they need.