Thread: Chiggers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye1 View Post
    I think you missed my point.

Sawyers is nothing more than Permethrin Pre-Mixed for you. The Price you are paying for Sawyers to do that for you is where your wasting the money comes in.

I used Sawyers for years until I learned how to just buy and mix it myself. It's Cheap, Simple, and Easy to do.
    I didn’t miss your point, I’m willing to pay for Sawyer’s to keep ticks off of me. Our local Tractor Supply has agricultural permethrin but it has petroleum in it. To get Martin’s, which is what I’ve read is the preferred brand for diluting for spraying clothes, is not available in the stores here. Like everything else in Vermont, most stuff has to be ordered online. Maybe during the off season, I’ll order some Martin’s and mix it up for my regular clothes to test it. Will still use Sawyer’s for my hunting clothes until the ag stuff is proven by me.

There is a woman at the customer site that I work at that has Lyme disease. She bitches about it all of the time and I don’t even know her. I asked her if she heard of Sawyer Permethrin. She has not. If she could go back in time and spend $100 or even $1000 for a product that would have kept her from getting bit by a tick that caused her to get Lyme disease, what do you think she would do? My guess is that at that time she would thought anyone was insane for spending money like that to keep a bug from biting her.
    Last edited by Bob G.; 09-08-2021 at 07:38 PM.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

2. Member
    And we KNOW that ain’t fix in’ to happen!😁🤡

3. Member
    Worst case of chiggers came from the yard around cabins at Jordan Landing, during a scuba class weekend.

just walking around the picnic tables was enough. Every one of our group got nailed!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob G. View Post
    I didn’t miss your point, I’m willing to pay for Sawyer’s to keep ticks off of me. Our local Tractor Supply has agricultural permethrin but it has petroleum in it. To get Martin’s, which is what I’ve read is the preferred brand for diluting for spraying clothes, is not available in the stores here. Like everything else in Vermont, most stuff has to be ordered online. Maybe during the off season, I’ll order some Martin’s and mix it up for my regular clothes to test it. Will still use Sawyer’s for my hunting clothes until the ag stuff is proven by me.

There is a woman at the customer site that I work at that has Lyme disease. She bitches about it all of the time and I don’t even know her. I asked her if she heard of Sawyer Permethrin. She has not. If she could go back in time and spend $100 or even $1000 for a product that would have kept her from getting bit by a tick that caused her to get Lyme disease, what do you think she would do? My guess is that at that time she would thought anyone was insane for spending money like that to keep a bug from biting her.

OK.

Like I said I used to buy the Sawyers and it works great.

But when I learned I could buy a $7.00 Bottle from Tractor Supply and mix my own for going on 3 years now and have barely touched the amount that's in it, well it just made sense to me to do that vs paying someone else to mix it for me.

Keep buying it premixed, happy you like it.

Welcoming committee of north Arkansas!

Quote Originally Posted by mdwhitten View Post
    Worst case of chiggers came from the yard around cabins at Jordan Landing, during a scuba class weekend.

just walking around the picnic tables was enough. Every one of our group got nailed!!

6. Member
    I got me some sawyers also, seems to work pretty good. Worst chiggers I ever got was at Ft Hood Tx. I got chiggers then poisen ivy the some mo chiggers. I was miserable.

7. Member
    Pound for pound the most vicious creatures around.

8. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Ever been to Louisiana? I hear the mosquito's are so big down there that they can't even fly. So what do they do? They sit in the tree and throw chiggers at you.

9. Member
    We have too many here in OH.

10. Member
    When I decided to buy the first bottle of Sawyers, I had been out scouting a WMA for the upcoming Archery Season here in Florida. I found an area that had a good Crossing over a small creek and stopped to set up a Trail Cam to get a look at what was crossing. I had set my Backpack down at the base of a Big Tree while I set the Cam.

When I knelt down to pick up the Pack, The Ground was litterly MOVING from the amount of Ticks crawling on it. Never seen anything like it before. I was always picking Ticks off when I got to the vehicle and then again when I got home before going in the house. Then again having my Wife check me when I got into the shower.

After doing my clothes with Sawyers and letting it dry, I NEVER found another Tick the rest of the season. NONE.

Sawyers is good stuff. The Stuff I buy and Mix Myself does the exact same thing. Since using them I don't find ticks on me anymore--- and have actually watched them die when one crawled on me and watch to see what would happen.

I believe in it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123