250 Sho Maintenance Schedule

Looking into repowering with a 250 SHO and was wondering what the maintenance schedule is and about how much it costs to maintain these motors. Thanks

2. Member
    You can get the official maintenance schedule from the Yamaha website. Like most four stokes minimum is to change the engine oil and lower unit grease about every 100 hours. Impeller about once a year depending on usage as well as micron water filter. I’ve never had one longer than three years so not sure about other maintenance items. I’m usually out around $400 or so a year using my dealer.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

3. Member
    Don't need to use a dealer for changing the oil and gear lube. Also change the under cowling filter and the big blue Micron filter located in the bilge once a season. Easy stuff, not hard to do.

4. Member
    I change my oil when it starts to get dirty, usually 50-70 hours, gear lube about the same.
    fuel filters are once a year.
    keep in mind these engines have no air filtration as a car engine does so whatever gets sucked down the pipe gets burned and deposited on the cylinder walls.

recommended is 100 hours after the initial 20 hour break in service.
    I always do it myself and save a good bit by doing so.