Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyJoe View Post
    Nashville area.... not Nashville proper... Goodlettsville, Hendersonville, Greenbrier, White House, Gallatin, Portland, Westmoreland, Ashland city.... etc and drive up to KY for tax free groceries...

Do not, under any circumstances, move to Goodlettesville. It has become a crime ridden hell-hole.

Quote Originally Posted by robertboyd View Post
    So was I. Still go back to the farm most weekends.

Small word. Our farm was sold off after my grandparents passed away. I sure miss tgem and that place so much.

Nashville is exploding, real estate is skyrocketing and traffic is a serious grid lock PITA. I personally would look more at Chattanooga.
    Last edited by 06 SB; 09-07-2021 at 06:28 PM.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

4. Member
    Lived in Austin in 2010 when it was smaller, watched it explode with people and go downhill. Nashville is on the same path.

Love the Chatt area.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

Nashville has been over-built and under- engineered.
    Chattanooga has Mountains, TN river.
    Im a sixth generation native of Chattanooga and have a little bias toward our town. It’s still a big town in most ways Bad traffic takes you about ten more minutes in the afternoon.
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    Go visit both and I think you’ll see which you prefer pretty easy. I’d pick Nashville between the two but both are very nice. I’d pick Williamson County specifically in the Nashville area, it’s where we moved from and my favorite area in the Nashville area. As mentioned fishing is better in the Chattanooga area but there are some great lakes within an hour or an hour and a half of Nashville also.
    No, sorry, Williamson county is full.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

Quote Originally Posted by smalljawguy View Post
    No, sorry, Williamson county is full.
    There’s a lot of truth to that statement! Crazy how much it’s changed since we moved from there. Should have stayed there, my sisters house in Brentwood has over doubled in value. They bought a small house in Liepers Fork as an investment a couple of years ago and renovated it, prices in that area are insane.

8. Member
    Chatt, but can't go wrong either way.

9. Banned
    Nashville is turning into California. Homeless everywhere and if you don't agree with the left, they may put you in jail.

I recently retired and moved from Va to McMinnville Tennessee, best thing I have ever done. I'm located halfway between Nashville and Chattanooga. Feel free to call to get my thoughts as I did alot of research prior to relocating.
    Mike Allen 757-619-4518

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    There’s a lot of truth to that statement! Crazy how much it’s changed since we moved from there. Should have stayed there, my sisters house in Brentwood has over doubled in value. They bought a small house in Liepers Fork as an investment a couple of years ago and renovated it, prices in that area are insane.
    The real estate market is just stupid here for now. The average home price in Brentwood is pushing 1 mil. Glad I got in 18 years ago

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smalljawguy View Post
    The real estate market is just stupid here for now. The average home price in Brentwood is pushing 1 mil. Glad I got in 18 years ago
    Saw something the other day that said the median home price in Franklin is $867,000 right now. Would love to cash in my house but wouldn't be able to find anything else like it.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    Saw something the other day that said the median home price in Franklin is $867,000 right now. Would love to cash in my house but wouldn't be able to find anything else like it.
    Exactly. Great to be a seller but sucks to be a buyer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123