Thread: Lake Tomahawk

Lake Tomahawk

Wife and I are heading up next weekend and wondered if anyone had some tips, words of wisdom, recent reports, thoughts on places to eat or visit. Never been up in the Mideast part before before, always Cable and west. Thanks, Scott
    1995 Stratos 275 Pro XL
    1995 150 Fastrike
    MG Xi5

2. Member
    Bitters and Bull is a great place to eat. The Lake Tomahawk meat market is worth a stop as well.

3. Member
    Awesome thanks for the info
    1995 Stratos 275 Pro XL
    1995 150 Fastrike
    MG Xi5

If that's the one up in Minocqua...we had our championship up there last year. I believe the guys that did good on Tomahawk were up the north channel more towards Mid Lake. I ended up winning our event and we could fish most of the chain of lakes. I ended up fishing Kawaguesaga. Chunk rock with some vegetation near by was the deal for me. Dropshot, jigs, texas rigs caught them. Madden Point was where I caught some of my fish and the docks just East off Doolittle road. A buddy on the second day caught them really good on a gold chrome 1/2 oz rattle trap ripping it free from the grass lines.

5. Member
    More good info! Thanks
    1995 Stratos 275 Pro XL
    1995 150 Fastrike
    MG Xi5

6. Member
    Went up last week and had a mixed bag of luck. Stayed in Lake Tomahawk. Man is that lake clear! Had a good topwater bite one day and caught some decent gills and perch another. Had some storms and a cold front move through our last 2 days and really locked them down. Ate at Bitters, that was pretty good, the meat market got some of my money as well. The Boat House in Minoqua had a very good fish special on Wednesday. Overall good trip, thanks for the info!
    1995 Stratos 275 Pro XL
    1995 150 Fastrike
    MG Xi5