Removing Ram mount

I’m trying to remove the ram mount that’s screwed into the tray but can’t figure out how they got the nuts on the underside of the tray to screw it down. My arm isn’t long enough to reach from the side compartment and going through the power outlet opening seems impossible to bend the arm that way.

Are those two options the way to do it or am I missing something?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Take off the foot pedal of the troller and see if your boat has a covered access panel under it. Around 2015 BCB started doing this cut out on many of the models.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

3. Member
    We do not have a panel under the trolling motor, replaced the Fortrex with an Ultrex last year, would be very convenient for many things if it did!
    Its a 2020 Sabre if that means anything

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diddy2 View Post
    I’m trying to remove the ram mount that’s screwed into the tray but can’t figure out how they got the nuts on the underside of the tray to screw it down. My arm isn’t long enough to reach from the side compartment and going through the power outlet opening seems impossible to bend the arm that way.

Are those two options the way to do it or am I missing something?
    It is possible (done it several times on my Puma) to attach a closed ended wrench with a heavy wrap of duct tape, fastened to a two foot piece of 1"X 1" wood stake.
    Then, lay down and reach up in the starboard rod locker....I used lights and a mirror to see what I was doing, when attaching.
    You can get the wrench on the nuts below, and have another person loosen from the top.
    Good luck!

5. Member
    If you are confident enough, you can cut an access port under the foot pedal. The covers are available in the BCB store. Many have done it on their own.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    If you are confident enough, you can cut an access port under the foot pedal. The covers are available in the BCB store. Many have done it on their own.
    Absolutely. All you need is the right sized hole saw which can be bought at the big box home store. Measure twice and cut once. I would have the cover in my hand before I did anything to make sure of the sizing. Drill the pilot hole, then run that hole saw backwards to score the gel coat before you cut it. That way it won’t chip. Make a nice clean factory look access.

Here is a link to some pics on BassCat website and more content. Good luck….
    https://basscat.com/forum/groups/bas...ic_read=700653
    Last edited by apdriver; 09-06-2021 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Added content
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    Do this and dont waste your time trying to figure out a better way. This is the best way.
    BassCat Puma
    250 ProXs
    Humminbird Electronic's
    Helix 12 G4
    Solix 12x2 G3
    Mega 360
    Mega Live
    Minn Kota Ultrex MDI
    Relion Batteries
    Dexter Suspension System

8. Member
    I ordered a screw down deck plate from TH Marine after watching a couple videos on YouTube, figure it could be handy if I need to mess with anything in that area in the future

Thanks for the replies fellas