mk ultrex 112 w live scanner transducer mnt
    3 batteries empty livewells
    ”normal” tackle. Not a tourney fisherman
    fury3 24p
    will not top 5800 rpms smartcraft
    dealer has checked throttle twice
    first time made an adjustment
    second time said it was 100%

I know it needs 61-62 rpms. Do I need to go to a 23p prop?
    Don?

2. Member
    answer is yes

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yes sir!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. mikesxpress
    24P on these 250 V8's is too much.
    Z21 Intracoastal Ranger 1900lbs with Fury 23 three blade that was true pitched. *Box prop wouldn't get over 6K.
    Summer time reading.

5. Member
    I am in the same situation w My 521vx. Can touch 70 on a good day at 5900rpm. I talked to Mark Croxton and have him my info and his opinion was that it was about where it needed to be and not worth doing anything. I was kinda surprised but that’s what he said. What service should I be asking for? Blueprinting, true pitching...?

6. mikesxpress
    Jim call and speak to Robbie about true pitching a Fury 23P 3 blade for your boat. No material removal required to do this.
    https://www.propellerdynamicsva.com

7. Member
    2004 tr21x with a 250fourstroke running a 24 fury 3 blade at 6100. 77mph with two guys and gear. In the summer heat.

8. Member
    Thanks mike.
    Bustassak. Thanks great speed for a 21footer.
    I am at 2300’ elevation and there is no way I will ever see those numbers.

9. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by bustasack View Post
    2004 tr21x with a 250fourstroke running a 24 fury 3 blade at 6100. 77mph with two guys and gear. In the summer heat.
    Mercury prop slip calculator using your data and 1.75 gearing shows a 3% slip. That is not achievable. Most bass boat setups are in the 10-20% slip range. A high performance drag boat with $5K propellers occasionally reach 8% slip.
    Your speed or RPM data is suspect. You will want to check the devices for accuracy.
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 09-09-2021 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Mercury prop slip calculator using your data and 1.75 gearing on the 4.6L V8 shows a 3% slip. That is not achievable. Most bass boat setups are in the 10-20% slip range. A high performance drag boat with $5K propellers occasionally reach 8% slip.
    Your speed or RPM data is suspect. You will want to check the devices for accuracy.
    I’m glad you said that as I’m getting 10.86% and thought that was bad
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

11. mikesxpress
    Normal.

12. Member
    8.78 on slip that is pretty good

13. Member
    A proper set up bass boat with run between 4 percent and 12 percent and I stress a proper if you are running 15 or more you are loosing a lot and you need work and adjusting Allison bullets blazers and so on with light hulls are very efficient they mostly run below 7 most in the 4 set up correct tritons depending on hull are usually less then 12 ranger same way nothing can replace proper set up and proper prop work most people will just unbox a prop and install and run that’s ok for a guy who fish’s three to four times a year good rule off thumb when you get a new blade don’t open send to shop of your Choice and have it Trued and bal and printed mark croxton does all my work he has fix me some great blades most around 5 percent slip with Proper hull set up take time to learn your boat don’t take too a dealer you don’t have too With the proper patients you can set up your own boat and learn a lot in the process

Quote Originally Posted by hickend69 View Post
    8.78 on slip that is pretty good
    Mercury's advertising claims 6 to 8 % on these new gear cases is attainable.. I'm seeing 8% with a Max 5 on the sportsmaster.

15. Member
    Great video for any one interested and prop explanation is on you tube ken smith interviews nick petterson from mercury racing prop division go watch it lot of explanation on prop slip and so on very informative

16. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Mercury's advertising claims 6 to 8 % on these new gear cases is attainable.. I'm seeing 8% with a Max 5 on the sportsmaster.
    Where did you get that information?

17. Member
    I’m still trying to find a fury 3 23 p. Yesterday ran 5650 rpm 66 mph with 560 lbs of man on board. Frustrating.
    Anyone have a prop to pad recommendation? I played with a lot of different heights

18. mikesxpress
    Brandon unless you find someone with the exact same rig with JP and engine the PTP is something you will need to determine. These new Torquemaster cases on the 4 strokes act much differently than an Opti. See if you can borrow a 23P for a day and get your rpms up.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Mercury prop slip calculator using your data and 1.75 gearing shows a 3% slip. That is not achievable. Most bass boat setups are in the 10-20% slip range. A high performance drag boat with $5K propellers occasionally reach 8% slip.
    Hey Mike how about I take you for ride and you can see how suspect it is. I don't think my lowrance gps lies or the humminbird sitting right next to it .And I have seen 79.3 on that boat in the winter by myself. I'll be happy to take to you for a ride and show you i'm not a liar. I don't care what your slip calculator says. You might want to check your devices for accuracy.
    Last edited by bustasack; 09-17-2021 at 01:36 PM.

20. mikesxpress
    John I don't need a ride. You provided the data. I just put it thru the Mercury prop slip calculator that's been in use for many years and it doesn't make sense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast