Improve Left Turns

Currently running a 23P Fury. The 200HP Pro XS does not have a trim tab and left turns are very heavy. When trimmed up to the sweet spot lefts turns are easier but still stiff. The Fury has a great hole shot, and will turn 6000 RPM at 65MPH..Most likely would turn a little higher under the right conditions.

Will any other prop such as a 4 blade Bravo make the steering any easier? If so would the same pitch be in order? Maybe a 24P? Losing a few MPH is no big deal.

Appreciate all input, thanks.
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

2. Member
    I run a 200 Pro XS and went from a 23 Fury to a Bravo FS 24 pitch and like everything about it better. Better handling in turns, maintains plane at lower speeds, great holeshot, and easier to drive without chine walking. What is not to like?
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

You are not going to gain what your looking for from a prop change, lower the trim some, out of the sweet spot and 1 it will turn better and 2 easier. Then trim back up.

4. Member
    If your prop to pad is high enough to make a fury prop hard to steer and give you 17% slip numbers it's only a matter of time before you will break that prop. You need to lower the prop down 1/2" at least to make the steering act right.

5. Member
    I may not have explained well what I was saying. Turning left is physically hard unless trimmed to the sweet spot.
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

6. Member
    Your showing 17% slip at 6000 rpm's so you have something wrong in the set up as that motor set up right should have less than 8% slip. Either your running too high prop to pad or trimming up too high. Does it throw a tail and gain rpm's when your trimmed up?