Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    I am 2 weeks into COVID and my taste is gone. I do get certain flavors but it is not right. My wife brought home a piece of fried chicken for me and all I could taste was pure salt. I had to spit it out! The day before, I bought a Chikfila sandwich and could only taste the pickle. I am so tired everything tasting and have the consistency of cardboard.

My smell is ZERO.
    I ate a piece of country ham and couldn’t taste the salt and my wife said it was really salty. Only thing I can taste is Starburst candy; go figure.

2. Member
    I can drink vinegar like water if i want. Im 4 weeks total now since I had the positive test. Lost 16lbs in 8 days and ended upon IV bags in the hospital. I couldnt keep anything in my system water, food, whatever it was in and then I puked. As of now my taste is still almost non existent. Got lucky with no lung issues though.

3. Banned
    Taste seems normal but smell is still off 7 months later. That’s the only 2 symptoms I had.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    Has your taste/smell returned to normal yet?

I have a number of things that are still way off of normal but the most noticeable one is onions.

They taste different but it’s mostly the smell. If there’s onions in something it’s literally the only thing I can smell. It’s overpowering. If someone is cutting onions I can smell it from the other side of the room. Restaurants, sub shops, etc the only thing I can smell is onions
    I have a co-worker who says the exact same thing as you.

5. Member
    Just had my one year anniversary with it. I never lost either of the senses. I had what I would call a mild experience. 101.5 for a day, then less. Drainage and cough. That was it. I, like Mr Perry mentioned, have changed what I crave. Mexican and Chinese were staples, now I could not care if I have them. I did develop an allergy to all things peanut. By far the worst thing from this has been attention span degradation. I mentioned it to my GP and he said that was a factor.

6. Member
    Never lost taste, smell started to come back after 2 weeks.

7. Member
    I really don't think I had any issues with taste or smell...I have lost some hair though and hair loss isn't hereditary in my family....I Googled it and I guess hair loss after covid is common in both men and women...Weird thing is I didn't start losing it until a couple of months after the disease..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

8. Member
    I had it last August. Taste and smell never fully recovered. I’m probably about 75% recovered. I kinda doubt that it will ever get back to normal.

9. Member
    I tested positive Aug. 1st. Couldn't smell a dead skunk in the middle of the road for 3 weeks or so. I think smell is pretty well back. Never totally lost taste. Was super sensitive to salt taste. Could differentiate between savory and sweet but everything tasted pretty much the same. I think taste is pretty much normal now.
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

10. Member
    I never lost my sense of taste and smell was only reduced for a few days before it returned. I was fortunate as Covid was trivial for me and not a big deal at all. The two shot Moderna vaccine protocol on the other hand was very unpleasant.

11. Member
    My wife is a month or more with no smell.

I never even noticed anything at all.

12. Member
    came down with it late monday night with just fever. Next 3 days low grade fever and some coughing. Took my wife to get tested yesterday and she's negative . I never had any other symptoms or loss of appetite, smell or taste. Been dosing with vitamins for months and started hcq and iver on sunday when I found out I was exposed. Fever has been gone all day today and feel pretty close to normal.

13. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Took a month to 6 weeks
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Quote Originally Posted by APS View Post
    came down with it late monday night with just fever. Next 3 days low grade fever and some coughing. Took my wife to get tested yesterday and she's negative . I never had any other symptoms or loss of appetite, smell or taste. Been dosing with vitamins for months and started hcq and iver on sunday when I found out I was exposed. Fever has been gone all day today and feel pretty close to normal.

Stay on top of it. It can turn ugly quick on days 7-10.

I wish you and yours a quick and safe recovery.

15. Member
    I had it back in November, taste is good, but my smell is not the same

16. Member
    had it in april. lose sense of smell/taste for about 2 weeks. came back in full after 3 weeks.

17. Member
    Never lost either

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Yes I did... Became symptomatic 3 days subsequent to known virus exposure.... Negative PCR test that day.

Another negative test result (I'm about 99.9% sure it was a false negative) on day 5, post-exposure. The "feeling like crap" began in earnest that morning.

Finally tested positive on day 7. Even at that late stage, I was allowed to have a monoclonal antibody (BAM) infusion and it made a significant difference for me within 24-36 hours.

While it was surely unpleasant and I don't wish to ever contract it again; I will say that covid was nowhere near as bad as the influenza I had 2 years prior.

***Disclaimer*** That is simply MY experience with the virus; your mileage may (and likely will) vary.
    Same here. I've had the flu absolutely knock me on my rump compared to covid. As far as taste and smell goes, I did lose both for about 2-3 weeks, but not completely. Some things like most fruits tasted almost the same and that is about all I ate for that time span. I am very grateful and fortunate to have recovered so quickly. And before anyone asks, I did test positive and ran a fever of 103 several times during my illness. I was out of work for two weeks. I was running a chainsaw and working clearing a building site on the first week of my return to work. That'll get some air flowing into the old lungs!

19. Member
    No. I was diagnosed on April 1st. My only symptoms were loss of taste and smell and I’m still not 100% with either. Sucks but it is what it is. I chew Copenhagen wintergreen and it smells like the smoke from my smoker to me. Weird

20. Will work for baits. Fish.Team.Rose's Avatar
    Never lost it. Just had a temp.
    Keith Rose

In search of what was lost.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast